First new snow in Lapland this year

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On my way from Sitojaure to Laitaure (both two large lakes), I encountered the first new snow after more than a week of hiking in Lapland at the beginning of September.

1: Laitaure from seen from Doaresoajvve.
4688.jpg

2: Same spot, different weather though.
4666.jpg

3: Of course higher up there was much more snow.
4668.jpg

4: I set up camp at this small lake. But the shot is actually taken long after I put up my tent in deep snow. By the time I took the photo, the snow was almost gone as you can see. Winter was still hesitating if it should really show its cold side yet.
4673.jpg

5: The next day was very frosty.
4924.jpg

6: .. and many plants were covered with very thick ice layers. Actually, not only the plants: It took me half an hour to de-frost my boots which had 2 mm thick cover of solid ice in the morning!!
4956.jpg

7: Even thin grassy leaves got a hard shell of ice.
4941.jpg

The scenery is indeed stunning. As are your photographic captures of the beauty of the area. In this series I especially like #4...the combination of blue sky, grey clouds, white snow, and the reflection in the lake make for a peaceful sight.

Thank you both :)

On the wall? Hmm, my images cannot come close to the experience of being there :meh:

Very nice, especially the second one. It looks like gorgeous country.

Thank you all for your comments :)

The frosted grass looks super cool. (Well, cold, actually, but cold and cool, you know ;)).

And those clouds in 2 ... they must be the fierce looking, menacing clouds in that photo which you converted into b&w and presented in the appropriate forum, right? Here they look less fear-inducing.

The frosted grass looks super cool. (Well, cold, actually, but cold and cool, you know ;)).

And those clouds in 2 ... they must be the fierce looking, menacing clouds in that photo which you converted into b&w and presented in the appropriate forum, right? Here they look less fear-inducing.

Yes, between those two shots there were only minutes ;)

Because those clouds were moving away from me, they caused no fear anyway ;)

Most reactions

Back