first newborn for c&c :)

LotusLove

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
here is my first try at photographing newborns...the beautiful baby is my new nephew...he was such a good model:mrgreen:

_MG_45252.jpg

_MG_47432.jpg

IMG_47892.jpg

IMG_47842.jpg

_MG_47062.jpg

_MG_45782jack.jpg

_MG_45772jack.jpg

_MG_47152.jpg

_MG_37353.jpg

_MG_37233.jpg

_MG_37672.jpg

Last edited:
Good first effort! Your skin tones are alllll over the place though, and your subject could do with a little skin retouching as well, newborns can generally use a little judicious skin smoothing. Also, your crops are soooo tight, backing up quite a bit can produce a much more flattering image like #7, which I think is the best of the bunch, but seems a bit soft and your b&w conversion seems high in the reds again.

Keep shooting!

Not to bad this is my edit

Just cooled it down and lowered the saturation masked out the hat and airbrushed (quickly dont look at the lower right lol)

_MG_45782jack copy by Lacey Swedberg, on Flickr

let me know if u have any questions on how to make this happen, might have overdone it a bit.... lol

I agree, good first time. However the skin tones are all over the place.

thanks, i took them on different days so he is yellow in some and red in others and i havent quite figured out all the stuff in photoshop yet still working on that part. would it be easier to do in lightroom??? i havent bought it yet since im still working on learning the CS5

Not to bad this is my edit

Just cooled it down and lowered the saturation masked out the hat and airbrushed (quickly dont look at the lower right lol)

_MG_45782jack copy by Lacey Swedberg, on Flickr

let me know if u have any questions on how to make this happen, might have overdone it a bit.... lol

thanks, its easier to understand when you have something to look at...i can use this now as a reference when i try to even the others out:D

I like lightroom for effects but editing i do in photoshop, the coffeeshop blog has some awesome free actions to remove red and what not.

Most reactions

Back