First Newborn shoot

CGR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did my first ever newborn shoot today (I'm not a pro- this is just for my friend). Here are a few from the session. Do you all have suggestions for editing improvements? Also, I just learning Lightroom and I'm finding that I edit each photo totally different. Do you think it is better to have more continuity between the same "scenes" in a shoot? Or do you really just do what you think suits the picture? Do you think these photos look over-edited?

Attachments

• $E4.jpg
    $E4.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 101
  • $E2.jpg
    $E2.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 115
  • $E1.jpg
    $E1.jpg
    669.1 KB · Views: 140
The first is adorable.
The kiss is so sweet!
The crown of the head shot doesn't work for me.
All seem rather peachy orange in color

So if the skin tone looks "off" (peachy), how do I fix that?

Reduce yellow a bit. Then magenta a bit. I find with newborns bumping up the luminance on the oranges helps too.

Ohh, the orange luminance was a really good tip! For some reason I'm not seeing a difference with the yellow and magenta- but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and I'll figure it out! LOL :) And sorry I put this in the wrong forum- I really did scroll down and tray to find the right one. I thought since I was asking advice as a beginner that this post wasn't fit for the polished people section. Lesson learned!

What are you using to edit?
I actually brought the color temp (blue-yellow) down towards the blue quite a bit and reduced exposure by about 1/4 stop
8180625470_79030bee13.jpg

Ok thanks. That looks good. I am using Lightroom 4. You you are using the first line under, Basic, Color, Temp?

Ok thanks. That looks good. I am using Lightroom 4. You you are using the first line under, Basic, Color, Temp?
Color temp -14 for a jpeg

Most reactions

Back