First night on the Job

Do me a favor, and don't read my remarks at all if you're going to suggest that I'm "womping" on people, when I clearly am not.

kthx.

"Whah"

Well, if I wanted to deal with children, I'd hang out with my extended family. Since I don't, to the ignore list you go.

I bet stop and shop has a sale going on for Johnson and Johnson's "no tears" baby shampoo. It sounds like you could use it.

Take care, Mr. Russo!

Ah.

Well, then, you're likely going to be whomped on a bit. Though I could have sworn Tyler left in a huff some months back. He seems to have come back entirely to whomp on people.

Anyway... I've seen worse shots, really. From a high level, I'd say play as much as you can with the lights, watch your distractions (that crap on the left there in that third shot isn't helping you any).

Beyond that I can't offer you too much advice. I've done very little time in clubs.

Grow up, Chris. I did no "womping." I was gentle compared to some of the stuff you post. If you think people should get paid for work without proper knowledge and training, that's your own deal. I'm trying to help this guy avoid a lawsuit later in his photographic career. I could have said much, much worse.

i have no idea of your history here, but acting like other photographer need your OK before taking on paid gigs is a bit much. nowhere does it seem like he misrepresented his abilities to the client, or his intention to use this as a learning experience. if he got a paying client who'll float him to learn on the job, good for him. it's between him and his client, i don't see how he needs your or anyone else's stamp of approval to accept paying jobs.

how much club stuff do you do? most of the time they're just looking for promotional stuff, webpage, fb page, fliers, etc. just bs pictures. if they don't already have a regular (decent) photographer, any shots are better than no shots (they can always opt to not use his stuff if it's that terrible). A LOT of places will let you come in and shoot for free (+ drinks, admission, access, etc.) or even pay you a little. It's not surprising at all that he could land this gig, especially if he knows ANYONE at the establishment. I take your lawsuit concern with a huge grain of salt. seems more to me like a bs hindsight justification of your initial unwarranted negativity about the OP's success at landing a gig.

as far as the CC on the OP. i agree with the comments so far. these aren't terrible (as club shots go), but pay attention more attention to what's being included in the frame.

Last edited:
Lol sweet. Tyler blocked me. I'll take that as a compliment.

Of course. Better than etchings for charming the sweet young things. Oh wait. You're married and have kids. Let's recalibrate that. Home defence. That's what it's for. Yep. Except that you may need some lessons, as it's no coincidence that the appearance of the light saber also marked the demise of the top hat and the stash. Those lightbeams cut through everything, don't they?!

The only thing more terrifying to a burglar than the sound of a shotgun... Is the sound of a light saber . :)

You are not aware of the sheer number of people that make posts like "Hey I got my camera last week, and have a wedding next week. What are the best settings to use?" It happens ALL THE TIME. The OP is a different case, as he cleared up and I responded to. I guess you didn't read that part. Or you did, and chose to ignore it.

I'm not suggesting that he needs anyone's stamp of approval. But I'm also not suggesting a nurse perform surgery, a secretary should do my taxes, or a janitor teach children trigonometry.

There are so many people that get a camera that try and monetize it ASAP. That is the WRONG way to go about things. The OP has a good attitude and a willingness to learn. Not everyone that buys a camera and wants to make money with it agrees that knowledge, skill, and even additional equipment is required. The OP does realize that, and that's a good thing. I'm simply pointing out that there's a lot of learning to be done prior to taking money from a spectrum of clients. He is lucky to have a controlled environment to practice and hone his skills in. That's all.

Yes and Tyler is the vanguard on bashing them for it. :)

This is especially important because rooms full of drunk club goers are obviously at LEAST as concerned that they capture every memory as brides are. :)

Ok, you two. Give it a rest. The OP got his info, we get his gig, and any further harping will be on a Stanley and Stanley harp, with you two playing tandem.

I think it's all one sided now since he blocked me.. Which really only makes me look like even more of an ass, but I'm in a pissy mood. Lol

Anyway, I'll stop now. :)

You are not aware of the sheer number of people that make posts like "Hey I got my camera last week, and have a wedding next week. What are the best settings to use?" It happens ALL THE TIME. The OP is a different case, as he cleared up and I responded to. I guess you didn't read that part. Or you did, and chose to ignore it.

I'm not suggesting that he needs anyone's stamp of approval. But I'm also not suggesting a nurse perform surgery, a secretary should do my taxes, or a janitor teach children trigonometry.

There are so many people that get a camera that try and monetize it ASAP. That is the WRONG way to go about things. The OP has a good attitude and a willingness to learn. Not everyone that buys a camera and wants to make money with it agrees that knowledge, skill, and even additional equipment is required. The OP does realize that, and that's a good thing. I'm simply pointing out that there's a lot of learning to be done prior to taking money from a spectrum of clients. He is lucky to have a controlled environment to practice and hone his skills in. That's all.

Thankyouu!

Shooting in this type of lighting is tough, keep practicing my man & don't charge till you see that you can pull a set of photo's every time you shoot. Good luck and practice.

Thanks man, It's not the most glamours / easy on the eye either inside this place which makes most photos away from the DF a bit boring but I guess that's technique aswell, CAn only go up from here!

Most reactions

Back