First night phot C&C please

chrisfoxdesign

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Palace of Fine Arts San Francisco. It's bit overdone ('round here anyway) but 3 blocks from my office and I was turned to night photography for the first time on my 365 project. Short days. Thoughts? Thanks.

$8360455650_374d4826be_h.jpg

Thanks! Can you elaborate? I didn't push it at all, this is what came out of the camera. You mean the highlights? Not sure what to do, I don't feel like the image is overexposed at all.

Cool off the white balance just a little bit. Also bump back the vibrance slider just a pinch. If you use the white balance picker in Lightroom, there is a white lighted wall on the left side, between the columns. This is a good WB spot.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Looks a lot better. You might bump the tint just a tiny bit to the red side.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Beautiful subject and sky.

Well, I prefer the edit, and for a first attempt to get into night photography you did really well.

I'm with Buckster, I like the first post, SOOC, albeit could be "enhanced" by the camera's firmware.

I wish you had a software that would straighten the "keystoning".

You have good balance and proportions here. Good shot!

Thanks for the feedback all. Designer, the "keystoning" fixes the perspective? I have photoshop, just not very good with the photo editing capabilities yet. I use it for software design mostly.

Most reactions

Back