First off camera flash - CC please.

i was confuse for a bit, Iam sorry, but the first time, i thought, i was looking at a party ham . my apologies . its hard to c & c a subject that you dont quite know what it is . but now i get it..

for the whole pic, i think i like it, with the mystery effect if you will,

I got it wrong way round, so your bum is arched up :D we definitely need a wider shot so we can C+C it better;)

Oy vey. Take it to PM. Seriously. It seems the OP is "game" but really such ribaldness isn't really needed here and some other female posters may take it the wrong way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Seriously? Some of you. . .the lack of class is really stunning. Is this really what this place is turning into?

Quote removed

Is this really necessary? An out of line comment! Please refrain yourself from making such comments in the future, especially if you cannot contribute any other way to the CC threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shot really doesn't make sense. You don't know what you're looking at until it's explained.

I can see the abiguous nature of it now :)

Least we seem to agree the concept isn't bad. The lighting is generally pretty good.

Needs to be slightly wider shot to stop the viewer guessing and softer lighting.

I can see the abiguous nature of it now :)

Least we seem to agree the concept isn't bad. The lighting is generally pretty good.

Needs to be slightly wider shot to stop the viewer guessing and softer lighting.
I agree that my initial reaction was "what is that?" Then I read the explanation. The viewer shouldn't need to read an explanation.

There's not much for context... nothing to indicate to the viewer what it is. A *slightly* wider shot, to show the beginning of the curve of the backside would help, without being "pandering" or even "erotic." Then the viewer would more immediately make the connection that they're seeing a human...

I like the lighting ok, but I'm also on board with the idea of softer light... maybe wax paper on the snoot? Just to soften those "hard" points of light a bit.

I don't mean to be so critical... you've done a very nice job. I just can't get past the whole bit about not recognizing immediately what I was seeing.

I think if you got your shoulders in this it would be a fine photo. Admittedly I couldn't tell which way was which when I originally looked at it. Oh and soften the light just a tad and you have some fine art.

More angle on your body to expose more of the back and let the light hit the highs spots and cast more shadow.

Well, a lot of this conversation is all subjective. Maybe ambiguity is the point. I certainly don't need to indentify ass hair to appreciate the photo. On the same token, if we have to SERIOUSLY strain ourselves in order to understand what we are looking at, well then that takes a lot away as well.

To be honest the first thing I thought was, "Well this is a shot of her from the side (well **** I hope its a her) from head to bottom", but then, for fear of offending, I didn't really say because I WASNT too sure that that was what it was.

I do think some more visual cues might be in order WITHOUT completely obliterating that slight ambiguity of what were looking at (because there is also SEXUAL ambiguity going on here which works). Raising the buttocks up slightly so that it is a bit more pronounced and curved, while also deepening the slope in the back will help this as well.

And always take multiple shots if you can in one sitting. Pain in the ass to see that you got something right in one sitting and aren't able to replicate that mood or something in subsequent shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back