First "Official" wedding, shot on my own!

AmberAtLoveAndInk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.loveandinkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a little nervous posting this here in the "professional gallery" lol but I think I may have earned the title for this one, I can honestly say I am pleased with myself.
Now feel free to rip it to shreds :mrgreen: C&C ready, set, GO!

$preview (1 of 1).jpg$previewKissSMALL (1 of 1).jpg$preview (1 of 1)-7.jpg$candiceandgreg.jpg$preview (1 of 1)-6.jpg$previewSMALL2 (1 of 1).jpg

I love the "Bridesmaids" shot. Seems like every wedding is trying to duplicate that image haha.

"First" wedding? Couldn't tell. Seriously. You did a great job for your first.

Not only did you capture all the detail and 'serious' shots, but you caught the moment while having fun and goofing around.

Nice job

okay. i was trying to figure out why they were posing like that.

fun set!

I love the "Bridesmaids" shot. Seems like every wedding is trying to duplicate that image haha.

"First" wedding? Couldn't tell. Seriously. You did a great job for your first.

Not only did you capture all the detail and 'serious' shots, but you caught the moment while having fun and goofing around.

Nice job

Thank you! In truth this has been my second wedding but I don't consider the first one I did to be anymore than just "shooting around" because the first bride had called me 5 days before her wedding, it was her third marriage and she had little to no appreciation of photography. She refused to pose for pictures, saying she was just too hot and didn't need all of that done (I forced her for 10 minutes and she quit) and to top it off she only hired me for 3 hours at my portrait price vs doing a wedding package with me so I just didn't have the time to nail all the detail shots and incorporate fun ones like above.

This wedding pictured was booked almost 8 months ago, I got to know the bride and her style well, she was very helpful with projecting ideas and I was hired for a full day (12 hours)

Nice work, I like them. The under the dress walking is really funny. The look on the (hopefully the groom) grooms face when between her legs is a bit weird.

Oh, what fun!! I got a good giggle out of these! Nice job!

I think these show a lot of style and flair! The under the dress walking shot is fabulous made into a collage like that, and I LOVE the bridesmaids shot too. Liked the B&W sepia toned portrait too. Overall much better than I would expect for a first wedding. Much more refined and stylish than I would have expected. More technical control,seemingly more command of posing, and yet more fun and whimsy too, than so many first-time wedding shooters often display. I'm not crazy about the odd hands-behind-the back shot with the veil...that one's a bit...different...but at least you are staging/posing the shots and taking control of the photography. Good job Amber! These are nice photographs.

Very nice work, bet the couple will love them.

Trying to expand my creativity by only using my Iphone. very surprised with the results so far.

The look on the (hopefully the groom) grooms face when between her legs is a bit weird.

I agree, the groom's face looks a bit creepy lol especially since he's coming from under her dress! It was all just happening so fast, that pic was taken when she was coming down off his shoulders, there was about 10-15 of a time window for me to get a clear shot without the bridal party jumping in front of my lens to help or the fabric of her dress falling over his head again, this is the end result. Though his face may be creepy, it is still one of my favorites lol.

I'm not crazy about the odd hands-behind-the back shot with the veil...that one's a bit...different...but at least you are staging/posing the shots and taking control of the photography. Good job Amber! These are nice photographs.

Ahh yes, it is a "different" way of behind the back posing lol. I just didn't want to do the typical "grooms hands in a heart on her back" thing, I think the bride wasn't really digging it either lol she wasn't sure what the hell I was doing positioning her arms like that. But thank you for the great feedback and praise! I was pretty overwhelmed during the whole day and had a horrible feeling in my gut that my memory card was gonna lose the images (it was getting jumpy and lagging pretty bad during "the walk") but thankfully all of the images were there and I'm happy with a ton of them! Also, do you think I should brighten up the Bridesmaid pic? Thinking it should match the exposure from the funny shoulder bit now that they're side by side.

Very nice work, bet the couple will love them.

Trying to expand my creativity by only using my Iphone. very surprised with the results so far.

That's actually a great idea to get your mind working, I have the Nokia Lumia 1520 and the camera (18 MEGAPIXELS!!) is pretty freakin awesome so when I'm without an SLR I have quite a bit of fun playing with my phone.

Now that you mention it, I think I might tone down the whites to match the shot of the bridesmaids, rather than lift up the bridesmaids to match the under the dress collage. But you could equalize them the other way too if you want. The bridesmaids does look a little bit dark, but I thought that was fine, and just reflected open shade. I didn't really consider the two shots to be directly related, but actually "separate".

Now that you mention it, I think I might tone down the whites to match the shot of the bridesmaids, rather than lift up the bridesmaids to match the under the dress collage. But you could equalize them the other way too if you want. The bridesmaids does look a little bit dark, but I thought that was fine, and just reflected open shade. I didn't really consider the two shots to be directly related, but actually "separate".

I over exposed the those shots and have already taken down the whites as best I could without giving it an ugly gray look. I adjusted for the Bridesmaids shot so that the exposure was just right for the wedding dress, I'm liking the "a bit overexposed" look in the funny pics though, probably will bump the Bridesmaid's pic and brush a little extra light on each face while I'm at it.

Really like these Amber - great set!
Congrats

Most reactions

New Topics

Back