First official wedding

tinfish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lifeofrileyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I just finished posting the online gallery for the first official wedding of my new business. I have shot a few weddings before, but one was all but free for a friend, and then a few as a second shooter. But this is the first one that "I" booked. I did have a second shooter, which eased the stress a bit, and my wife was along as an assistant (also carrying a camera). I am posting a link to the gallery. The shooter can be identified by the letter following the image # located in the bottom left corner of the page. a=my wife, b=me, c=second shooter. The gallery is pretty large, but runs pretty smooth with a decent internet connection. I would appreciate anyone that would not mind having a look around and telling me what you think.

http://www.lifeofrileyphotography.com/hickmott/

Thanks!

Well I am no pro but IMO those are Excellent! One thing I noticed, during the vows the bride has noticable tan lines which are a little distracting, I don't know if they can be edited out or not but that is about it:) Over all, Fantastic job!

Crimson, yes the couple specified that they preferred color and did not seem particularly interested in black and white.

d40, it is bit distracting in a few photos, I guess I should have tried to doctor it up a bit.

Thanks guys for taking the time to check it out and comment!

I do with I shot that well:) You mind me asking what lens were used for this? and Camera? Thanks

Great shots....

I, too, shoot w/D300 and 17-55 and 70-200 (both 2.8).....

Do you use the 70-200 much at a wedding? I find I can use the 17-55 almost exclusively.....

Again, great start!

Thanks Greatwhite. Well I've just recently started, and both the lenses are new. This is the first wedding that I used these lenses. I did use the 70-200 during the ceremony, but it was an outside venue with lots of room. It is great for getting up close, but I could see in a smaller venue that the 17-55 may be more ideal.

Very nice setup:)

Very nice! What kind of post production did you do?

You did a great job! There we're a few where I didn't like the crops, but everything turned out excellent for the most part. I know how difficult it is for outdoor lighting....in a couple of the posed portraits you had the sun directly behind the bride and bride's maids and managed to pull it off. we're you using a reflector for the sun or just let the speedlight do all the work?

My 17-55 2.8 stays glued to my body for most weddings. Actually, I take that back, I do switch it out for a 50mm 1.8 prime sometimes.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback.

StarFin. I do quite a bit of PP. Color correction as needed. I often boost the brightness, and almost always boost contrast. I am a pretty big fan of vignetting so I use that alot. Noise reduction as needed (higher ISO). On close ups if I think it is going to be a "favorite", I'll do some blemish touch up.

Buzzzerker: I did not use a reflector, just sb-800 cranked down a bit for fill.

Most reactions

Back