First Outdoor Portrait Shoot

rp1600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday I ventured out and undertook my first outdoor portrait shoot, using my daughter as a model. Softness on some of the images is a result of too narrow depth of field as I found out in the "Critique" forum. Funny how out of 150-plus images, I was able to pull only a dozen or so. Here's a few from that group. All C&C welcomed and encouraged.

3240.jpg

3224.jpg

3177.jpg

324.jpg

3241.jpg

3199.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/rp1600/3199.jpg

Nice series...I like them all...except for #2, in that one she looks uncomfortable and that's not a flattering angle.

She's a lovely young lady...and she looks comfortable in front of the lens.

Good stuff, I really like the first one and the last two. However, in number two she is in an awkard pose; it kind of looks like she has a double chin (I know she really doesn't, it just looks like she does because of the pose she is in). Overall, I like the images, the softness, and the clearity.

Edit: I agree with Mike^

I agree... lovely series but 2 & 3 too for me are not such flattering angles - a bit too chin-ny and up the nose-y! ? xx #5 is my favourite.... she is beautiful, and her eyes are stunning (as is her skin!) and i am a glutton for a real close up! #6 is second for me... About to do a shoot in an hour!! cant wait. x

Nice series, rp. I like no. 4 best. I think you can still improve a lot in PP with the original of that one. Up contrast a bit. Touch up highlights. Mild sharpening.

I like 3,4,5,6. Some had alittle bit of blur to them but not enough to bother me!

I do know what you mean about shooting 100 shots and only getting a few good ones! :)

I really like 1 and 5. Good poses and composition, and I like the light. I'd like the last one more, but the color is a little off and not as golden, probably because she is more in the shade. Maybe try taking out some of the green with a color adjust?

i like 1,3, and 6.

there is a filter you can purchase to lose the glar in her glasses. i cant remember what its called though [hopefully someone will chime in] but its suppose to remove glar/reflextions on glass.

I believe a circular polarizer helps with glair as well as brings out some colors depending on how you adjust it. However, it does limit the amount of light that enters the lens quite a bit. These are great shots. I agree with what has been said here so I don't feel the need to repeat it. I will add that I do like the softness in the photos. 5 is the only one I see where the softness does not work well.

On a side note.... I bet you have to beet the guys off with a stick! You have a very beautiful daughter.

Thanks for all the comments and compliments on my daughter. And not using a stick. Shotgun works better.

1, 5 and 6 are all very nice. And this is your first outdoor portrait shoot?! Congrats.

I agree with Jemmy on the angle in 2 and 3. Up the nose is seldom a flattering view.

Pete

all nice !!! I like the last one most...

Most reactions

Back