First outing for my "Bigma"

*Bob*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My new "Bigma" arrived today.I only had an hour of light to try it after work.
Probably not what this lens is really for, but I just thought Id try it out mid zoom range.

Nikon D70 hand held,
Sigma 50-500mm F4-6.3 APO DG HSM D @ 350mm
1/640sec @ F/7.1
ISO 320

Bigma1.jpg

Raymond J Barlow said:
50-500??? I know I am miles behind in photo equipment, but this lens must be too cool,.. nice shot!

yeah, I know, I was skeptical to say the least but Ive tried it from 50mm right through to 500mm and the results have really impressed me.
At F6.3 its not the fastest lens in the world and i doubt very much if its gonna be up to a 500mm prime lens image standard but hey, I dont have 500mm prime lens money :(

*Bob* said:
yeah, I know, I was skeptical to say the least but Ive tried it from 50mm right through to 500mm and the results have really impressed me.
At F6.3 its not the fastest lens in the world and i doubt very much if its gonna be up to a 500mm prime lens image standard but but hey, I dont have 500mm prime lens money :(

ic, very cool!! I bet this lens will come in handy!! can wait to see more!

An excellent lens. I've been using one extensively for about a year. Stop it down to F8 for best results and don't be afraid to push up the ISO to keep the shutter speed high.

Ant said:
An excellent lens. I've been using one extensively for about a year. Stop it down to F8 for best results and don't be afraid to push up the ISO to keep the shutter speed high.

Cheers Ant, thanks for the info.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back