first paid portrait shoot

CWA_JGEISINGER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here are just a few from the shoot yesterday.

C&C welcome please.

2515596918_49fa6f4592_b.jpg

2515596938_3c99a81f69_b.jpg

2515596896_1fd6978f82_b.jpg

I think you have a good eye, but the lighting is way too harsh and uneven.

yeah it was deffinatly the wrong time of day to do this.

would a polorized filter have helped with the direct sun?

I think the vignetting is a little too much. I'd back off on that some.

You did a good job with posing, but I agree with the overpowering vignetting - especially in the second as it looks like the mom is going to be gobbled up by it. Try backing off with that one just a tidge.

I don't believe a polarizer would help that much with the bright spots - next time try to find more widespread shade - but, for such a large group you did a marvelous job. I would be panicky if this was my first paid shoot :lol:

Yikes. Ditch the vignetting. You're using it as a crutch instead of an accent. #1 is a no- light is all over the place. #2 looks very robotic- not very flattering. #3 could have been pretty good but you just aren't paying attention to the ambient light. Aside from the distracting patterns it's making on people's clothes, the girl in the front row looks like she has a tumor on her chin.

Two suggestions.
1) Pay more attention to ambient light. This is not optional.
2) Don't force the posing.

I've started really emphasizing to clients to try to match eachother, if not to at least compliment eachother and no patterns! These clothes are all over the place :)

I do like your first picture, but the dappling on their faces is a problem, as already mentioned.

Most reactions

Back