first photo outing with my first dSLR

readysetgo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok well i got my dSLR a few days ago and today i went to get some wildlife photos...this is a photo of a pelican and although i know its not the greatest shot...i tryed my best...i still dont know what all the settings are...i really like pelicans so i took many photos but the others were to dark. hope you like and please feedback is much needed :)
thanks from casey
pelicantwo.jpg

hmm what DSLR and what lens did you use and what editing did you do and with what program?

As for the shot: lighting could have been better, but i get the feeling that it was an overcast day so not much to work with -- tip is to get the light behind you and on the subject (can be more tricky with a white subject though so the lower light has done you an advantage this time around)

The pose is interesting and also not too closly cropped - but I would try to get more shot in the direction that the bird/animal is facing.

With animals hte eye is often key - you have wonderful sharpness and clarity in this shot, that is not to fault and the pose is interseting. However some of the best shots have the eye of the subject facing the camera

Overall - a really good first shot - hope to see many more!

Camera Make: OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera Model: E-510
Image Date: 2008:05:07 13:55:05
Flash Used: No (Auto)
Focal Length: 142.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
Aperture: f/5.5
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Fine Weather
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Creative Program (based towards depth of field)

hmm what DSLR and what lens did you use and what editing did you do and with what program?

As for the shot: lighting could have been better, but i get the feeling that it was an overcast day so not much to work with -- tip is to get the light behind you and on the subject (can be more tricky with a white subject though so the lower light has done you an advantage this time around)

The pose is interesting and also not too closly cropped - but I would try to get more shot in the direction that the bird/animal is facing.

With animals hte eye is often key - you have wonderful sharpness and clarity in this shot, that is not to fault and the pose is interseting. However some of the best shots have the eye of the subject facing the camera

Overall - a really good first shot - hope to see many more!

since some one has answered some of the questions i will just reply to the others stuff...
yes it was a overcast day..thanks for the tips.
yeah i thought getting more of a face in the shot with their beautiful eyes but i was so scared for my camera because it keept starting to ran so i took what i could get.
thanks for your comment :)
from casey

BTW, you can post a image fully twice as big as you did.
That would give the viewers a chance to look at detail and sharpness and give a better response.

Lew

Most reactions

Back