First photo post

JSutton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys and girls,

Just submitting a first time photo to the forums for C&C. I'm very new to this and the picture was taken with a point and shoot camera. I do have a lot of manual controls, but looking for advice on how a shot like this could be better.

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1362528922835.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1362528922835.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 86
Welcome and nice shot, this is a place to learn and have fun. I'll offer one advice , a little more above the head.
Well anyway have fun

Thank you and I'll keep that in mind for future photos. Much appreciated. :)

I think it's brilliant for a point and shoot!

Thank you, I'm still learning what I can do in manual mode but for a low end camera I've been pleased. It's at least been a good chance to introduce myself to things like ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speeds, etc..

Thanks again!

I think that this is a good try for your first posting. As has been noted, a little more space above the head. Also, the one thing about animal/bird images that one should always try is to have the eyes visible and in focus. You have the right eye visible and in focus, but the left eye is in shadow. This is not too bad for this image, but something to keep in mind for the future when you have both eyes in the image.

WesternGuy

Once again, many thanks for all the comments and advice. I'm looking to get out of typical photos and common mistakes and the amount of experience and knowledge I've seen on the forum (and amazing photos!) is outstanding. I'll take it all into consideration for future photos and post new images in the future for feedback on corrections in composition and focus.

Keep the feedback coming, it's exactly what I'm looking for and need. Thanks again everyone.

Most reactions

Back