First Photo Post

ashy2ivy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi There. I'm a newbie. Bribed my 3 yr old to pose for me earlier today with M&Ms. Opinions Welcome!!

IMG_1106_edited-1-2.jpg

IMG_1123_edited-1-2.jpg

IMG_1118_edited-1.jpg

Heya ashy2ivy, welcome to ThePhotoForum!

These are some really wonderful black&whites of your little girl, I am happy for you (and us, mind ;)) that bribing her into posing for you with M&Ms helped ... now it's just a pity your photos show in all these different sizes. I can go put the missing spaces between each of them but can't do much about their size...

What do you use as your studio and you light?

Hello ashy2ivy, welcome to ThePhotoForum!

I suggest that you post your pictures at the largest size allowable here so that.

I would make some suggestions for future pictures:
  1. don't use the on-camera flash - it removes all the nice shadows,
  2. don't use such dark backgrounds for your pictures. - the flash is trying to compensate for the darkness of the background and thus blasting light at the subject.
  3. use a longer focal length - 28mm is way to short.
  4. use a smaller f stop -f8 or so so you get a greater depth of field and a better sweet spot of the lens,
  5. use a lower iso for better detail
Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Image Date: 2007:01:05 11:31:00
Flash Used: Yes (Auto, red eye reduction mode)
Focal Length: 28.0mm
CCD Width: 22.20mm
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
Aperture: f/4.0
ISO equiv: 400
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Portrait Mode

OOPS.. I was resizing in photobucket for another forum and resized the wrong code. Fixed back to the bigger size. Thanks for your input!!

Heya ashy2ivy, welcome to ThePhotoForum!

These are some really wonderful black&whites of your little girl, I am happy for you (and us, mind ;)) that bribing her into posing for you with M&Ms helped ... now it's just a pity your photos show in all these different sizes. I can go put the missing spaces between each of them but can't do much about their size...

What do you use as your studio and you light?

Thanks!! I have a make-shift studio at it's best... lol. Lighting is a large west facing wall with three big windows and the flash which is not the best I know. I'm just starting in this craft and have so so so much to learn!

Most reactions

Back