First Photo Up.

justy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just wanting to put up a photo of mine, I just started taking my k1000 out again and here is a picture I really love. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

1226007-large.jpg

Wow! I don't know what to say!

Mirrors can be tough to shoot through at an angle.

I don't know if it's the mirror, or not. Does she have a hairy chest?

haha no, i guess i could have added some details. It was at her birthday party... wine in a mug and fake blood.

Oh, okay. I was afraid it was a guy.:blushing:

It looks a bit too dark, no detail in the black part of her dress. I would still keep it dark, overall, but lighten her dress a bit. The double image from the mirror gives an interesting effect and, at the same time, is kind of distracting, too. It makes the whole image look out of focus. Finally, it's kind of grainy, too, but in this case I don't think that hurts it as much as the double image. It's not my style, but for all it's faults I still like it.

Now, FAKE BLOOD???

ah ok i understand what your talking about "mirror" now. Are you thinking thats me on the left side in the background. It is now, I am just looking at her. Thanks for the input aswell.

i think a big part of the problem with grain and focus is the fact that its a picture of a picture. It would probably be better if you used a scanner. i think thats why people are thinking its a mirror shot because that edge looks like the edge of a mirror kinda.

looks like a cool shot though. but i think it would be signifigantly better if it were scanned.

It's an interesting shot...a bit confusing though. I will agree with Steel26 and say that perhaps grain was an issue. I was not sure if this had been taken through a screen or mirror...

I think with more focus, the shot would have really come alive

justy said:
haha no, i guess i could have added some details. It was at her birthday party... wine in a mug and fake blood.

I really like the pic. Maybe keep it colour, but washed out with the blood being more obvious?

mmm zombie birthdays

yah i forgot i took a picture of this picture, so the color is all wierd'ish. It is "black and white" with the kodak black and white film that really isnt black and white developed in color chemicals. The yellowish color is just from the lights in my room.

The double image of hair strands and around her nose is what made me think this was shot through a mirror. The white border looking like the bevelled edge of a glass mirror just confirmed it.

So, then, this is just out of focus?

There's nothing monumental about the composition that could qualify this pic as abstract. It's too soft, ill-exposed, and ill-focused to be considered as a portrait. What is it about this shot that you like? Could you point out some of the attributes that appeal to you?

I'm sorry but I have to agree with everyone else. At first, I thought that it was a drag queen competetion. Keep posting though... I would like to see more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back