First photo with a new camera

lmchelaru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently got a Kodak Tourist II, and this is from the first roll.
Double exposure; the only editing done was a little boost in contrast.
This is a negative scan, not a scan of a print.
4329336306_805b5f7589_b.jpg

C&C?
I had a little bit of trouble with it. It takes 620 film which is no longer in production, so I had to used 120. That limited me and I didn't know how much to advance the film because the 120 film backing doesn't align with the window for the camera. That resulted in overlapping photos, but it was a learning experience and I'm excited to go shoot some more with it.

it looks like a scalp after a bad hair transplant

That was pretty funny, though not at all constructive.
Thanks for the input anyway.

well compare my initial thought to what ever it actually is a pic of then what you can do so it doent look like a bad scalp

Sounds like a fun project. I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my mom's old Brownie.

Can't say much for this particular photograph. It is confusing and that creates tension, not necessarily the good kind IMHO.

Keep playing with the Kodak and keep us posted.

You guys are going to come back as anti aircraft artillery in your next life lol.
It does kind of work in an odd way. The silt of course seems to me almost moving forward and devouring everything in its path. The trees are falling as the sediment seems to push ahead. The foggy background adds a nice element. The thing I like least is its limited range of tonality.

It takes 620 film which is no longer in production, so I had to used 120.

Take a look here. 110, 127, 620 & 828

Thanks.
At the rate that I shoot, I can't really afford to spend $11 a roll. I'm unemployed and 120 film is available to me for free, so though it'll take some adjustments, I find it more convenient to shoot with 120.

TexasJeff, thanks for the input. I agree with you about the tones.

I'm not sure what I'm looking at - but I like the composition and tones - and I love photos with a bit of mystery in them.

Thanks,

Alberto

Thanks.
It's this muddy trail near my house after it rained. I really like the textures in the ground, so I decided to shoot it.

Start collecting 620 spools and respool. Much cheaper that way. The 6x9 marks on 120 and 620 are in the same place, no? Are you sure you don't have the 828 adapter back in there? Good stuff in any case. What lens is that? I really like the fall-off at the edges.

Yeah, I respooled for this roll. I don't know about the markers, but you're probably right. I'll get the hang of it soon enough. And no, I don't have the 828 adapter.
I don't know about the lens. I'm assuming it's whatever the camera originally comes with, and you can probably look that up. I don't have the camera at home with me to take a look.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back