First photos with new DSLR

caspertodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been taking some snapshots around the house trying to learn the features of my new camera. I finally have had a chance to actually get out and take some photographs using what I've learned outside of auto mode. I have only used point and shoot cameras before, and have only stayed in auto. So far the more I learn, the more I find out there is to learn, and the more interested I become. My biggest problem right now is understanding how to compose a picture properly. I just cannot seem to get out of center-croping everything.

Here are some photos I took at the zoo yesterday. It was somewhat sunny, but all the interesting animals seemed to be in the shade. Taking the picture of the tiger in the shade zoomed in at 300mm and no tripod was difficult. I'm sure an L series lens with IS would have made it much easier. "Here kitty kitty" did not make the tiger seem to want to move out into the open.

IMG_1049_1.jpg

IMG_0991_1.jpg

IMG_1089_1-1.jpg

IMG_1096-1-1.jpg

Wow, the second one is awesome! The colors just look great!

Thanks!! I know that pictures from the Zoo is not something unique or out of the ordinary or anything. Just don't have the talent yet to know what would make a great picture, so all of mine are either of a person or animal :)

Most reactions

Back