First photos with new lens!

PhotoMama22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
So for Christmas my mom-in-law bought me a new lens for my camera and it JUST now came in (took my local store forever to get it in!) I decided on the nikkor 35mm f1.8 for my Nikon D3100.
I LOVE it! It's something I can see using everyday and rarely taking off!!
I tried it out yesterday and these are 3 of the FIRST pictures I took with it...I didn't really pay attention to settings of any sorts just wanted to snap the lens on and give it a really quick go :)

DSC_6680 by Photomama22, on Flickr

DSC_6662-2 by Photomama22, on Flickr

DSC_6660 by Photomama22, on Flickr

Love these pics. D3100 is my camera and the favorite of my only two lenses is my 35mm. It pretty much stays on my camera.

Have Fun, Mick

flatflip said:
Love these pics. D3100 is my camera and the favorite of my only two lenses is my 35mm. It pretty much stays on my camera.

Have Fun, Mick

Thanks! I really don't see taking it off for much. Such great quality pics come out of it!

Watch the lateral CA that lens produces, and watch the purple fringing and CA that it produces on OOF backgrounds.

Keeping the lens aperture well away from wide open helps a lot.

Cute sun glasses! I hope they have genuine UV protective lenses, for the sake of her eyes.

A nice lens is always more fun to shoot with when you have a very very cute subject.

Lovely! I played with one of these earlier this week and I actually really liked it. Nice focal length and sharp. :)

KmH said:
Watch the lateral CA that lens produces, and watch the purple fringing and CA that it produces on OOF backgrounds.

Keeping the lens aperture well away from wide open helps a lot.

Thanks for the tips!

punch said:
Lovely! I played with one of these earlier this week and I actually really liked it. Nice focal length and sharp. :)

Yes I love how sharp the pictures have been especially outside!

That is some cute stuff.

One tip: on that first one, when you have a subject looking off to the side, leave more room towards where she's looking than behind her. Leave more space in front of her face, in other words.

They look great though.

Most reactions

Back