First Pic from a new cam

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys i finally got round to getting mydslr.. the canon 350dkit+ 70-200 f4L, switch over from nikon...:lol: yikes..
and i finally shot today after having it in the box for the last few days...
this was just a warm up... my first pic :)
and this is sunset from today evening...
shot auto (agh i hate shooting auto), the inbuilt cam meter messed up, gotta figure how to get that working somehow

i dont like the crop much, any suggestions? open to any kind of critique, feedback and please feel free to edit my work.

e616bb5b.jpg

Wow! This is a really good first shot. I could only wish my first was that good. I love this silhouette because, while it is a simple structure, it leads my eye all around looking for more detail. Look, there's a pigeon...look, there's a cloud casting a shadow! It's like looking at one of those 3D puzzles where if you look at it long enough, you'll see more things. The only thing that bothers me about this picture is the hot spot at the bottom where the sun is. If you would've stepped down the exposure once, or the apeture, IMO, it would've been perfect. Great shot and great example of how a silhouette shot should be taken!

Is a nice silhoueete mansi and i love the bird. Jus needs more saturation in the sky and some m=ore interest in the left side area.
Just a bit too tight crop at top too.

JonK said:
Is a nice silhoueete mansi and i love the bird. Jus needs more saturation in the sky and some m=ore interest in the left side area.
Just a bit too tight crop at top too.

glad i backed up. if not, we'd have said the same thing.

great silhouette Mansi!

Thank you hobbes for your kind words and your comments, i'm learnign my way round this new piece of equip.. i will go back and try it out when i get my manual mode set...
Thanks JonK and JonMikal... how does this crop work?

d5c78ebf.jpg

I think this crop improves it. The shape of the structure lends itself to a vertical composition. All attention is now focussed on the structure and the bird.
The light of the sky is exquisite and the density of the black is powerful.
Nice mansi!:sexywink:

wow at the beginning I didn't notice the bird :) cool shot!

Thanks Jon and Mentos, i've replaced the cropped version above, slightly straightened it in ps and now the cropped one is the same as the first, i didnt realise before that i used anotehr pic, the bird was placed a bit different..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back