First pic with HDR. C&C needed.

boogaguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know the subject or scene is boring. The reason I took this shot and used it for this was because of the extremems in highs and lows.
I want to expiriment with the trial before I buy it.

sunnydaycolorsepiasmall.jpg

Hmm, don't know what to think of the off white trees on the sides. Also your sensor is filthy, you really need to get it cleaned.

If the picture is boring and its your first try, what is it that you want critique on?

The quality of the hdr. highlights... etc. tone mapping stuff
is it a bad composite? is good? if its bad then whats bad.
compostionally and all that i dont care as i only took this because there was a lot of sun and a lot of shadow

HDR can produce either other-worldy colors or compress a high dynamic range into a normal picture.
This is clearly not a normal picture so its in the 'other worldly color' bracket. Then it becomes only an issue of do you like it or not.

IMO, this is an example of 'let's use a filter or something to make a boring picture look different and maybe it will be cool.' kind of thing.

Look at this post http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77463 or any other by Woodsac and you'll see how he applied HDR to make an interesting image very interesting.

I know this is just a crappy boring pic. I added the color after the hdr was complete. I think the more I mess with hdr the more i want to try and make it look as though its just a normal pic and not and hdr pic. this is my first one and obviously have a ways to go.
Maybe I should post the orginal without the color added

Definately a cool looking shot...but I have to agree... you need to get that sensor cleaned... it has a TON of dust on it...

That is not what I would consider a good or even typical HDR shot. If you are keen on HDR consider HDRShop and some other free programs that do the same thing. If you are looking for a cheaper PhotoShop like photo editor that is better than Elements 5.0, then consider Paint Shop Pro XI.

skieur

That is not what I would consider a good or even typical HDR shot. If you are keen on HDR consider HDRShop and some other free programs that do the same thing. If you are looking for a cheaper PhotoShop like photo editor that is better than Elements 5.0, then consider Paint Shop Pro XI.

skieur

I have Photoshop CS2 but its at home in Jakarta with my wife on the pc there. Im in Seattle about to go to work so I didnt bring it.
I heard about this program on here so decided to give the trial a spin before i buy it.

Im not necesaarily keen on it there are certain shots Id be able to make using HDR but my eventual goal is to make HDR shots that look like normal photos and not HDR if you know what I mean. I want to use HDR as a tool only and not as its own version of photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back