First Pic

Spicoli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey All,

This is a picture of the Manhattan Bridge, taken from the Brooklyn Bridge about three weeks ago. It's the first time I've submitted a photo on here. I was wondering if you could give me any feedback, which would be appreciated.

DSC_1453_edited-1.jpg

1. The entire image is out of focus.

2. Photo seems to be taken with two objects in the way.

3. The bottom portion of the photo distracts from the bridge.

4. The dark steel wire is too prominent in the photo and takes away from the bridge.

My suggestions are making sure what object you want to focus on, then play with the aperture to determine what you want in/out of focus. Also, the blur seems from handshaking. Try a tripod or practicing holding your camera more steady.

Well, it was taken with a telephoto lens without a tripod, I didn't have one with me. I actually like the blur, but it would probably look better cropping out the bottom beam. Thanks for the responses though. How about this one.

DSC_1472_edited-1.jpg

Well, it was taken with a telephoto lens without a tripod, I didn't have one with me. I actually like the blur, but it would probably look better cropping out the bottom beam. Thanks for the responses though. How about this one.

DSC_1472_edited-1.jpg

Needs to be cropped
Less of the gray sky and make it so the building isn't in the middle

I agree with what was said above about the bottom beam and blurring of the first pic is very distracting. I think the wires could have worked alright as a frame if the wire didn't cut off one of the balls on top of the bridge support. As far as the second it looks like there is a shallower depth of field and the building is slightly out of focus. It might just be the moisture in the air though.

Most reactions

Back