First pic

britonk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.btonkinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi - this is the first pic I have posted on here - it wasn'ttaken with my new cam it was taken with a Panasonic FZ7. Any comments appreciated...

LakeShot.jpg

I like the composition.

If I were to suggest something...it could use a strong focal point for the viewer to focus on (maybe like a bird sitting on the end of the branch)...but nature doesn't always cooperate.

The background is a bit hazy...which isn't really a bad thing...and I think I'd like it better if the sky wasn't so white...but again...that's nature for you.

Yeah similar to a camcorder - EVF stands for "Electronic ViewFinder" - they are basically miniature LCDs. Unlike with an SLR the sensor stays constantly exposed to the image and updates a few times a second providing you with the view through the viewfinder. The problems are:

1) The resolution isn't that good which makes getting the right shot difficult and manual focus near impossible - but you rarely manual focus with these cameras anyway.

2) The image isn't updated very frequently so catching fast moving objects can be difficult.

3) It rely on the image sensor so if you want to take pics in very low light you can forget it because nothing is lit-up until the flash goes off.

The main reason I wanted an SLR was for a proper viewfinder (other reasons were larger sensor and changeable lenses).

for a second I thought that might be Loch Lomond, but then again I might be mistaken ;)

Nice Composition. My eyes lock on the fallen branches without leaves. Some post processing to improve the sky and water color may help.

Great - thanks for the feedback guys, might have a play with it to see if I can improve the colour in the sky. For those who are interested it's Derwent Water in the lake district (UK) - a great place to go if you like taking landscape pics!

Most reactions

Back