First pics for C&C - 3 Landscapes

whiplash23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been lurking here for a while, with only the occasional post, and have yet to offer up any shots for C&C. I am never as happy with my landscape shots as I hope to be, so I figured they’d be a good place to start. Here are three landscapes, the last of which I just took this evening. Give ‘em hell!

938063721_8Tc9m-L.jpg

951064058_xyM5c-L.jpg

961837012_uqJ7g-L.jpg

Thanks in advanced!

Love #3, but I think it would benefit from some contrast boost! I think these look good. :)

Three very nice offerings; C&C per req:

1. A nice sunset image but I think it needs to go one way or the other, that is: Either adjust the exposure so that the building is fully silhoutted or (and this would be my choice) usea couple of stops of graduated neutral-density filters to decrease the dynamic range and show even more detail in both the sky and the structure.

2. Another nice scene, but in the same 'in-between' exosure as #1. This image would also benefit from some perspective correction.

3. Very nice; rather Currier & Ives - I can see this as a jigsaw puzzle or greeting card image. I would suggest a slight levels/curves adjustment to reduce the brightness of the foreground grass image left, and would respectfully disagree with the above suggestion relating to contrast and recommend an increase in saturation.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I like all 3 but do agree with the above post the 3rd shot needs a levels or curves adjustment and possibly the first 2 would have been a nice HDR or blend 3 exposures. 2 is my favorite very nice.:thumbup:

Misstwinklytoes was right on with the contrast suggestion. Here is the edited version:
961916997_8LcXi-L.jpg

Ahh! I didn't see Tirediron's suggestions before I went adding contrast. I'll have to play with it some more tomorrow, though I did like the results with the contrast/levels adjustments.

Thanks again for all the input. I am not even sure what some of tirediron's suggestions mean so that will give me some good homework!

Sorry, only the one of the Monument is in DC. The river shot was taken in Maryland and the mill was taken in North Georgia.

Most reactions

Back