first pics with my first DSLR C&C?

Wiggly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok so heres my first pics. The main thing i wonder about is composure. Any other thoughts are very much appreciated as well. Thansk! Also the strong orange in the first one was left on purpose... b/c well thats what it looks like outside my dorm room haha

Skateboard.jpg

Nightsky.jpg

Wow right after I posted this I saw those two lightballs on the left of the skateboard lol. yech

I know you said you liked how the color was on 1 but that looks like a WB issue. It's a bit warm. The composition isn't to bad. I like it but if the colors were a bit cooler it would most likely enhance it.

Sorry for the double post but my post number was a bad number.

Sorry for the double post but my post number was a bad number.
Huh?

op-

I think the composition is decent in the first one, but the white balance is definitely way off.

The one of the moon and the skyline is nice, but it would have been a bit better if the crop was just a little closer to make the moon larger.

Thanks everyone. and yea tyler I think im gonna try the first shot again with diff white balance settings or try to change that one in PPing to see which one works better. also ill try a tighter crop to see what difference it makes.

as for the double post he had a post number of 666 and wanted to get rid of it asap

It may "look" like that outside the dorm room, but I garauntee the light thats spilling from the unnatural light source is not so powerful to render everything in that tone. White balance is more than off, and no amount of PP is going to be able to pull that back in.

Thanks everyone. and yea tyler I think im gonna try the first shot again with diff white balance settings or try to change that one in PPing to see which one works better. also ill try a tighter crop to see what difference it makes.

as for the double post he had a post number of 666 and wanted to get rid of it asap

Yeah, man give it a shot. Post it up here so we can see the before/after.

And I didn't know people were that superstitious about forum posts. Haha.

ogeez, i tried to fix this picture but absolutely couldnt, its just way too yellow, and the wheels are blue?

ogeez, i tried to fix this picture but absolutely couldnt, its just way too yellow, and the wheels are blue?

That's because theres nothing "white" to compare other values to. That's what a white-balance correction does; takes what should be white, makes it so, and adjust the remaining values accordingly (well not exactly how it works, but that is the principle). With everything bathed in Orange here (or amber) you really can't find that value that is neutral since everything is the same value.

Most reactions

Back