First pics with "My New Toy"

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So here are a couple of snaps that I took with "My New Toy" (i.e. my combined birthday-Christmas-present which I already received for my birthday yesterday but which will last till - and hopefully MUCH LONGER THAN - Christmas), my new Canon EOS350D (Yay!) :D

Powershot.jpg

My other much liked toy! I will still use this one, too!

Geb-Rosen.jpg

Close-up of the flowers that my husband brought me for my birthday, too (I'm still not all happy with the whitebalance --- there's a lot of "Reading-The-Manual" lying ahead of me :roll: )

Kekshaus1.jpg

Kekshaus2.jpg

Kekshaus3.jpg

And three pics of the biscuit-house that my daughter built yesterday.
All five photos taken without flash and in normal house lights, camera still set to fully automatic :oops: --- I shall learn about manual operations in the course of time! I promise! I might even start reading the manual sooner than in about 6 months from now (I took that long in finally finding my way into using the Powershot mostly manually).

Ah - and just two more of Mia, the cat (also from the batch of first pics):

Mia_22-12-05_Bild1.jpg

(obviously cropped ... to many chair legs in the background)

Mia_22-12-05_Bild2.jpg

hey! :) nice pics! but... is the manual ... big? I mean... how many pages??? coz still I haven't read the manual for my fuji... and now I am a bit scared that reading the manual for my future-dslr may last for ages!

mentos_007 said:
hey! :) nice pics! but... is the manual ... big? I mean... how many pages??? coz still I haven't read the manual for my fuji... and now I am a bit scared that reading the manual for my future-dslr may last for ages!
'

that happens to most stuff we purchase nowadays though.....

How fun! Great to see some photos from your brand new camera! I love the last one of Mia...and your daughter's biscuit house looks great!

Congratulations. I know how bad you wanted that!
There are several of us 350 owners here, so if you have questions, we'll help ;)

Is the 350 sold int eh US? I can't seem to find it on the Canon site. I did find it in the German section of the site, though (thank god for pictures otherwise I never would have gotten there;) )

Alison said:
:::I love the last one of Mia...

Yes, that would have been almost perfect, had she not detected something (someone - i.e. someothercat?) in the garden (behind me) and had she not felt like she'd have to run to the verandah door therefore. So, no matter how much faster this new camera releases as opposed to the little one, she was already running out of the focus (which is where there are her front legs, if you look closely) - and I assume aperture was wide open to give me short enough time (all automatic it was, as I already told you), so she too soon was gone from the focus. Ah well. I do like her expression, though. Both show her face when she is very alert and has just seen something that she wants to explore.

jocose said:
Is the 350 sold int eh US?

I think it is called Canon Rebel XT in the States...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back