First picture Up for critique! Woodpecker Tree

TPOL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, This is my first picture for critique, I don't have PS so all of my photos are directly from my digital camera (fuji finepix):confused: , some are cropped and resized. any suggestions are appreciated. Sorry its pretty big...

2005_0908Image0036.jpg

Hello TPOL and welcome to TPF.

please take a minute to read over the guidelines for posting in the critique gallery and provide us with the necessary information setforth. it will help aid members for proper critiquing.

also, giving us a little larger image to view would be helpful.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23315

thanks, Jon

It's actually much to small.

If you was a critique, it also helps if you provide us with more information. Like technique or settings used, and what you were going for.

Resized the image ...I can't remember the settings I used for this...sorry, I guess I should have put this on another board

check the exif, maybe it's still intact.it usually is.

ok, dude, about the pic. it has no center of interest, rather uninviting colours and not quite a subject worth taking a shot at. you should try to get ps (not all of us have the cash to purchase it, that's why dc++ was invented :D, just don't sell your work if it's done on "pirated soft"). Now, besides that little detail, the picture undoubtedly has a lot more work necessary if you want it to be a photograph.

you should try using the saturation option on your camera, set it to +, it usually does the trick for me, you get more vibrant colours. next would be to read the manual like it were..well hell if i know what you read :lol: anyway, the point is to know ALL that your camera can and escpecially CANNOT do. like take good photos for you. you gotta chip in a bit :D

also, do not be discouraged if the critics say "hey, this sucks" as i would normally, they are only here to help, also tell them if you do not understand why they said something and do not be shy as to your lack of knowledge. you are here to learn so act accordingly. that would be all by now, and read a book about photography while you're at it. Or download one, whatever.

Good luck with your pics and try to think your photos through more. It is a fault of beginners that they do not really think through all the aspects of a pic before taking it.

thanks for being honest eydryan!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back