first portait...

joyride

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cognizantcog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a first portrait that I have shot. Didnt really know what I was doing. Im curious as to what yo all think about this. Obviously there it some PS work. I was trying to go for a soft look, but not too much. I didnt want it to be too washed out. Let me know what you think...
you.jpg

My immediate thought is: if you wanted to do a whole-person-portrait, you really should have included all of her foot. The fact that her foot is cropped niggles me a lot...
And I am not too happy with her expression.
She looks so much like she did NOT want her portrait taken.
Does she want the idea conveyed that she is caressing the bark of the tree trunk she's sitting on? That would make sense. If that is so, then it is good.
If not, her hands look funny.
Personally, I like to see the eyes of a person in their portrait.

Sorry to be coming across as extremely critical, I am having a hard time expressing things that might sound "negative"... I don't mean to be negative about this photo. I am sure you have more of the series, you won't have stuck to this one and only photo, right? Can we maybe also see some others from the session?

I agree with the foot comment. Also, if you want to do the whole color and b&w thingy, at least do a better job around the hair. Good comp though (beside the foot deal).

Thank you for the suggestions. I find that portrait is way more difficult than I first though! But being a beginner, I can only improve i guess. As for the composition, I will try and get a better one. Now that I look, I can see many things done terribly wrong! I will blame the drinks I had when I was doing it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back