First portiat shoot

TTPeter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
well iam meeting up with a friend tmdw to take some pics, nothing really fancy, but its gonna rain, and she like the rain so we shes gonna get wet, here is a list of what iam gonna bring

for me camera along with normal stuff tripod ect , umbrella , coffe, and towel

for her iam gonna tell her to bring extra clothes , comb, wet res mark up, different tops to try on, and dry clotles, towel , and a smilie,

we are going to take pics at a park, its in a vally and there are swings, tables, little river , and there is a bridge over so pilars and trees, what are some tips i should remeber, she might be nervous at first but i think a few poses she should be okay, iam gonna try not to rush, unless she starts getting cold i will, but what are some other basics i should remeber? ,

Peter

I am uncertain what camera you have, but you might want to look into buying a cover for your camera and lens. Only once before have I shot in the rain, make that a downpour, and all I had was a towel covering the barrel of the lens as well as the top of my camera, and that worked relatively well, but I still had to let all of my gear dry out over night and there may have been some condensation in the lens but doesn't appear to be consequential now.
http://www.kata-bags.com/category.asp?id=61&perentId=4&ProdLine=4http://www.vistek.ca/details/details.aspx?WebCode=220945&CategoryID=BagsCases

Also remember more then one cloth for your lens. If it is truly raining most of the time you are there, I am quite certain you will be needing to clean your lens every few shots.

Hopefully that helps some.

well its a d70 , its raining really hard iam not going to take pics, but if its drizzling i think i should be okay

Another outdoor photographer suggested keeping all those shower caps from hotels to use over your camera - I now keek several in each of my camera bags to protect just about anything when it is wet.

kay, your camera will be fine
theyre tough im pretty sure.
try this if your model is uncertain:
show her the first few frames and try and talk with her bout what to do with her face. The face is the most crucial part for a good model from what ive experienced. If she has good face control, then she's a keeper. NOt to objectify women at all. im sorry, you know what i mean, i mean that she's got skill(z)

Most reactions

Back