First portraints, PLEASE look and critique!!

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are my neice Alison and nephew Elliot. Yes they are twins!! :) They are IVF babies so they are my little miricles. I borrowed a friends camera since I have yet to purchase my own (suggestions on cameras and lenses anyone?). I also don't own Photoshop (YET!) so I had to use Picasa. Which is fantastic, but I think Photoshop is worth the extra dolla, yes? :) Anyway, please tell me what you think, and be gentel!! Im a newbie!! Haha

Baby Alison
DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0524-1.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

And baby Elliot
DSC_0204-1.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

Brother and Sister
DSC_0185.jpg

These are gorgeous:) Really nice for your first time! Good job. I like that you desaturated the pink for the selective color shot. I think #4 is my favorite.

I like the background. I would have strategically placed real flowers as opposed to adding them digitally. Looks totally unnatural.

Take your time and capture some special moments like a smile or a giggle. Try a million different angles and compositions. Currently I see a shot of your nephews. Darling indeed, but not outstanding. Dig deep!

Love & Bass

Actually they are real. Well not REAL real, I got them at Michael's. But they arn't digital. Thanks though!!

Great first photos, my favorite is the first one. The softness and colors are perfect for a baby. I also like the idea of the flower but it's kind of taking over the picture when your focus should be on the baby. Maybe a few smaller flowers around the baby and desaturating the larger flower a little would lead your eye more toward the baby.

Outstanding job for first time. The first one definitely does not come across as a first time portrait. Great job. I agree with previous comments on the flower. It appears much much to large and unatural in the image, unless the babies are actually that tiny. Keep up the work. Great job.

Thanks so much guys. My idea with the flower was to show the twin-ness, you know? A boy and a girl, blue and pink...yea :) But you're right, mabybe I should desaturate the flowers a bit...Thanks so much!!!

IVF is truly a miricle. It must have been exciting to have been told it was a success.

Something to consider with photoshop... www.gimp.org makes a budget friendly photoediting program that uses the layout of photoshop and can do many, many of the things photoshop can do: levels, curves, hue, saturation, contrast, cloning, layer masks, bluring, unsharpen mask... you name it, GIMP can probably do it. Oh and when I say budget friendly I mean FREE. ;) Worth checking out, now that you have two children that money could be spend on (or of course a DSLR for yourself)

As for camera's, pretty much any company will do so you need to pick something that has the features you want.

Thanks so much guys. My idea with the flower was to show the twin-ness, you know? A boy and a girl, blue and pink...yea :) But you're right, mabybe I should desaturate the flowers a bit...Thanks so much!!!

You leave those flowers alone! LOL they are adorable... I didn't think they were digital at all. And I love that use of selective coloring! Good job!
I'm jealous... I've been here for a while and you just started and you're better than me. :greenpbl:

These are beautiful. It's also one of the rare cases I've actually liked selective coloring. Beautifully done.

Wow, you guys are awesome. hank you so much for your positive feedback, and for the critisism as well! I want to improve. This is my passion so I appreciate everyone comments!!! JimmeJacieMom, thanks but I doubt Im BETTER than you! There's no such thing as better, it's all personal opinion :)

Most reactions

Back