first portrait

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/jemmae/IMG_0619.jpg

Well here goes... I'm photography mad and wannabe pro, and booked into my first course next month. Last week I bought my 1st DSLR, a canon350D and am in seventh heaven!!!! Now I've finally worked out how to post photos and am preparing myself to be shattered... I've selected my fave 4 for you pros to comment on.... Don't be too hard on me! xx:lol:

Like the first shot because of its color

The second shot just doesnt do it for me... Maybe the angle, maybe the color... not really sure

The third shot is a cute one, but for a baby picture *new baby* the color tone doesnt do it justice.. Try it with just color?

The last one I like the crisp black and white

Cute baby shot.

You might get more response if you actually display the photos, rather than just links. It's easy to do, just click the image button and paste your URL into the pop-up....basically all that does is add the image tags around the URL

Big Mike said:
Cute baby shot.

You might get more response if you actually display the photos, rather than just links. It's easy to do, just click the image button and paste your URL into the pop-up....basically all that does is add the image tags around the URL

i concur :thumbup:

i liked the last two. the shadow bothers me on the first, and the face seems a little dark on the second.

Thanks so much.... I had no idea how you guys got your pics straight up! Dumb aussie huh?!! I just posted some shots of my first crack at "unofficial wedding photographer" but it looks like i didnt size them down enough... in photobucket i resized to 35%... how small should I go to fit a few on a page? Thanks again xx:hail:
Big Mike said:
Cute baby shot.

jemmy said:
I just posted some shots of my first crack at "unofficial wedding photographer" but it looks like i didnt size them down enough... in photobucket i resized to 35%... how small should I go to fit a few on a page?

I am no expert, but I find that the biggest
side set @ 600 pixels works well for the forum...
Nice work overall!:thumbup:

Before you upload to photobucket, save a 'web copy', change the image size (600-700 on longest side) and then save as a JPEG at a low enough quality to get a small file size. Then photobucket won't mess with your image at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back