First portraits

Kimber57

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of tries at portraits for me. Remember, I AM NEW, so be nice!! HA HA HA I also hope the pictures insert right!!

show_image.aspx

show_image.aspx

show_image.aspx

Good tries.
You need to watch the composition where you cut off the ends of limbs.
These could be sharper and brighter.

Welcome to the forum.

Just a tip: you will get more feedback if you display your photos directly, rather than just links. See HERE

In the 2nd one, I like the pose...but you chopped off her legs, fingers and the dog's paws. If you are going to show things like arms & legs in the shot...it's best to include all them. Same deal with the 3rd one...you cut off the dog's paw again.

The pose in the 3rd one, isn't as nice as it is in the 2nd one.

I like the backdrop but the lighting could use some work, it's not terrible...but it could use some improvement.. What are you using for light? In both those shots, here face and especially her eyes are too dark.

As has been said, the best thing you could do is make them brighter. This background could be really nice looking but the lack of light almost makes it look dingy. I'm not a huge fan of the 3rd pose. Bright bright bright! :) Make the colors pop.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!! I need the feed back -- negative or not!

Yes, I completely agree about the lighting. I am just now learning (I've only had my camera for 6 months, and it's my first camera other than cheapo point-and-shoot types) -- and I haven't bought any type of lighting yet. These are just from the light in the house -- which I know is not good.

About cutting off the limbs.....I will watch that. I'll try it again.....

But I have to say -- the third one is my actual favorite pose.......HA HA

I'll keep trying. I love the feedback!!

What would you suggest as far as lighting goes? I'm very interested in buying some extra lighting, because I know that if I'm going to take portraits, I will need this.

And, no, I have no aspirations to be a professional photographer!! Professional quality, yes, but in the business, NO. I'm strictly a hobbyist.....but I want all the right "stuff."

Thanks so much!!

Kim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back