First post, be gentle lol

Rathbone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rathbone.eprofile.us
Before this goes any further, be warned that I am one of THOSE kinds of photographers. What kind is that, you may ask? The kind that enjoys it as a hobby, then lucks up and wins a newspaper contest and suddenly thinks he can make a living at it.

But I'd like to point out that I realize I have much to learn. In the meantime I'm having a lot of fun. Anyhoo....this is the photo that won the contest and got itself printed in the paper (And a gift certificate to Thompson Photo products for me)

zzf14.jpg

You have a lot of potential, it would have been a lovely picture if it wasnt for that bug getting in the way :lol:

Great shot dude
Steve.

Heya Rathbone, welcome to ThePhotoForum!
Greetings from one THAT KIND OF photographer to another THAT KIND OF photographer :D.

I understand why this photo won the newspaper contest, and congrats on your prize! This is a winner, after all! Very nice.

I see you have already been exposed to the TPF humour ... :D
Feel welcome!

Wow. That is an amazing shot. Its one of those shots that makes your jaw drop . Congrats.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, and for the warm welcome.

The contest was "Spring" themed so a butterfly on a blooming apple tree seemed topical to me! I had bought my Nikon D50 just barely 2 weeks prior, and was taking pics at the apple tree in a swarm of butterflies and bumblebees. It's a thousand wonders I never got stung.

Most reactions

Back