First post - Building in San Francisco

AdrienVillez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, yes. I'm here to learn and improve.
Waiting for your comment, critics etc...
(hope the picture is in good size... if not: 500px / Photo "Building Shape" by Adrien Villez )

$IMG_4015.JPG

#1.. I would strongly suggest posting in vertical format.. not horizontal. One seldom sees Horizontal buildings, yes?

Where did you find a building that was laying on it's side like that?

If you rotate it 90 degrees, you may also have to straighten it ever so slightly.

I was just walking around, looked up and ... click!

ok, I take note

I like the shape. I thought put this one on black and white would give it a good taste.... was wrong.

You may try, but it wont work, the axis of the building are off. Nevertheless the perspective is interesting, I can see you lying on the pavement, along the curb beside the corner of that building and firing the camera strait up. Frogs perspective. promising material for collage.

Last edited:
I was struck by the side view as well, but decided it didn't bother me and gave the picture a little more interest. The idea that buildings seen from below should always be anchored on the bottom of the frame is completely arbitrary, albeit traditional. This treatment gives the picture a pretty off-kilter look, but not everything has to be on-kilter, after all. I think you can argue that this is a pretty off-kilter building.

It is a rather strange and wonderful building. They peeled the skin off a piece of classic architecture, set it out on a framework, and erected a fully modern building inside it, and then put the skin back on to the lower floors of the fully modern condo tower. This is something they do quite a bit of in SF. It's completely insane and weird. Off-kilter, almost.

English is his second language.

Adrien place the subject vertically in the frame. There are times and subjects when horizontal or "landscape" orientation works best, this is not one of them.

English is his second language.

Adrien place the subject vertically in the frame. There are times and subjects when horizontal or "landscape" orientation works best, this is not one of them.

thanks!!! yes...... looking in my dictionary for some words and therms... digging in the comments

Little ad:

$IMG_4015.jpg
Now, what are your suggestions?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back