First post - C&C

aeota

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings, TPF. I've had my camera for about a year now, but I've barely used it in an artistic sense. Photography is an interest that I'd like to turn into a hobby and perhaps even more. That being said, all photos I've taken up until now are using preset modes - and probably not even correctly. I've not touched shutter speeds or aperture.. I haven't even messed with field of depth.

Favorites - a set on Flickr

There are too many pictures (29) to just tag, so this link shows them all.

I'm not looking for C&C on any specific pictures because I'm positive there are things I can improve on as a whole. I'm about to start reading through the manual (I know, I should've done it before snapping any shots :P).

Thanks for the time, guys.

Well, good luck to ya!

Just study up on understanding exposure as well as composition. Learn how ISO, shutter speed, and aperture work together and you are on your way to some cool results and some fun times!

more people will post if you post a picture not a link

i usually just copy and paste directly from flickr
but a little while ago i tried this and it didn't work
try it and see

Well, I would explain it but in honesty I understand less than half of my camera's preset modes, let alone the manual settings.

The pinecone was just manual-focusing the zoom lens I have *shrug*

Thanks for the feedback. I feel like I have an eye just not the camera knowledge, haha.

Most reactions

Back