www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok here are some shots ive taken over the past 2 or 3 days

this pic was at Huntington beach yesterday at sunset
001_25.jpg

cat in a drainage ditch with some graffiti
screenshot3-5.jpg

i took them with a 35mm canon TL QL that my step dad gave me about 5 days ago.
Photo555.jpg

first off, please critique those pics and tell me what you think

secondly, what is the best way to get the 35mm pix on my computer in high resolution and relatively low cost? right now i just take my film to target and they put the pics on a CD for $1.50.

thanks in advance

First pic is really nice. Can't say much about the second one, doesn't capture my attention. As for your second question, unfortunately I don't know anything about that. But putting it on a CD is all that I would think of.

Really you need a neg scanner to get proper high quality 35mm images onto computer.
Why does it look as though we are looking at your camera in a mirror? Strange.

Why does it look as though we are looking at your camera in a mirror? Strange.

I wondered the same thing.

I would assume that taking them to a lab and having them put it on a CD is going to get the best results. I would assume most labs would scam the negatives just like you would do at home if you bought a scanner.

To critique your pictures, the first one IMO has some potential. In this situation you can't really get any detail in the foreground because of the bright sun so I would suggest either getting a good silhouette or using a graduated neutral density filter (GND) to help with the exposure of the foreground.

The second picture isn't really all that interesting to me either.

Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Hey I have a TL it was my first camera. My dad gave it to me when I was like 10 and I still love it what a tank!!!!!. One small problem though the pic of the TL is backwards.

Heya AF44, welcome to ThePhotoForum :D!!

Congrats on having been given this camera by your father.
You are off to a promising start.

The black-cat-in-the-drainage-canal pic would have been more interesting, if it hadn't come out underexposed. Most of the cat is just a black spot, no more detail to be seen (which is very difficult to achieve ib all black animals, anyway, mind you).

Though some of the loss of detail might also be a result of the scanning process.
And I cannot really suggest anything to you, since I am far away from your own country and therefore don't know which shop would scan your pics on CD best ... all I can do or could do with my prints was to scan the PRINTS on a normal, none too special, flatbed-scanner ... with just the results you would expect: none too good...

hey thanks for the greeting! i spend lots of my time on forums like this such as my aquarium forum and the aquatic photography forum but i never see so many people from the international scene

basically the scanning was done by a cheap grocery/department store and they will take all your prints and put them on a CD for $1.50... PRETTY CHEAP!

Im still trying to find the best, most economical way to get 35mm on my computer in high resolution.... if anyone knows TELL ME!!!

I was more impressed by content and idea of the second photo, although the other subscribers rightly point out that it's pretty underexposed. I think if you keep working on things like this, you'll hit it very soon.

The other subscriber correctly pointed out that you've got to pay to get "high quality" scans of film or prints. There isn't much of a way around that. Epson has a few nice negative scanners, I just went in 50/50 on one with my dad. It scans 35mm negatives, 35mm slides, 120 negatives and positives, and I think a few other formats. The downside is the price tag... I think it was over $500.

I was more impressed by content and idea of the second photo, although the other subscribers rightly point out that it's pretty underexposed. I think if you keep working on things like this, you'll hit it very soon.

The other subscriber correctly pointed out that you've got to pay to get "high quality" scans of film or prints. There isn't much of a way around that. Epson has a few nice negative scanners, I just went in 50/50 on one with my dad. It scans 35mm negatives, 35mm slides, 120 negatives and positives, and I think a few other formats. The downside is the price tag... I think it was over $500.

Im not so interested in buying a scanner as much as sending the negatives in and getting a CD made... if anyone knows where i can send in the negatives and have them put on a CD in high resolution, tell me!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back