First post - first video made!

Jessy403

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey this is my first post here! I have a canon rebel eos t3i and i currently love it. This is my first dslr and i am still learning. Most of my pictures consists of cars but i do get the odd landscape picture.

anyways, christmas is coming and i decided to make a short video invite for my friends and family. Tell me what you think!

here is my flickr page for anyone interested
Flickr: Jessy403's Photostream

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jessy & welcome to TPF. Nice clips and at the right length for an invite. A few suggestions: red font doesn't translate very good to video and you have to be careful with stroke too. I would change the font, color & stroke and it also helps to add a very slight gaussian blur to your title. This will help with rough edges & looks polished. Since this is an invite, I would set & decorate the table and delete the kitchen clip. Maybe put some holiday collars or bows on the dogs. Straight cuts may be better than dip to black because this is only 33 seconds long. Happy Editing :)

What do you mean by stroke? I should have mentioned, i took a couple of video clips then decided to make a video out of them. Didn't have time to decorate. Maybe i will make a better one with your advice though. Thanks

CherylL
is referring to the yellow outline that you have around your typeface. It conflicts with the main colour of your font. And to be honest doesn't look all that great. The font itself isn't all that legible.

I love the fades you have done with each clip, they work well. But I'm not convinced about the choice of music for a holiday invite. Rather than thinking of festive times, we're made to rather imagine a drama about to happen. :)
And perhaps if you are doing a re-shoot, something about the vertical pan onto the piano bothers me. I think its a bit too fast. Perhaps pan slower and start from out of focus and focus as you pan down.

And then also if you are doing a re-shoot, Christmas is normally a time of golden colours and the lighting is generally quite cold. If you can, try warm it up a bit :)

But otherwise, I love the idea! :)

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, i didn't put much time or effort into the video :p dismissed the first hit when i searched Christmas piano.
I don't like the speed on the panning to the piano either. Next video will be better!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back