First Post, girls soccer pic.

Spectre

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm a photojournalist for my school. This was part of an assignment I had to shoot on the girls soccer team. I love this photo.

image-display

Great shot! I love their hands.

I'm curious, what type of camera and film did you use for this shot - very nice.

Tammy

Thanks, the pic is taken with ....

Nikon N4004s
AF Nikkor 70-300G f/4 - 5.6
Fujifilm Superia X-Tra 400

I've got a bunch more in that series, if photo.net would work for more than 5 minutes i'd post 2 or 3 more

Gotta agree with Vonnagy, fantastic shot!

these are lovely
i love the contrasts
youve captured these girls well

welcome....your username seems familiar. you hang out on any other forums?

I'm active on Club Grand Prix, and Hobbes Texas A&M student forum. I use this name for alot of stuff. Also known under Spectre042 in some places.

hmmm dont visit any of them but i must have seen u somewhere round the place!

welcome and make yourself at home. we are a friendly bunch :sillysmi:

well its been a while, but all of a sudden I feel like getting back into the groove of critiquing photos.

#1 Great composition, tonal ranges are great, wonderful whites and blacks. The only problem I have with it is it is a little soft. Don't get me wrong tho, I think the shutter speed was just a little too slow (like one stop or two) The only place its a serious problem w/ me is the ball.

2nd post #1- great shot I really like this it a lot. I think if the shot had been taken a split second earlier and the guy on the right wasn't on in the frame it would have been a wonderful shot. so the ball would be more visible.

#2 all i have to say is a little tighter crop

#3 visually I'd say it is a little too busy and the two girls are sort of so tied up its hard to tell them apart.

I really enjoy these shots and you have incredibly good focus for some difficuly quick action shots and you're zoomed in pretty far. Great jobs and I can't wait to see more.

tr0gd0o0r said:
well its been a while, but all of a sudden I feel like getting back into the groove of critiquing photos.

#1 Great composition, tonal ranges are great, wonderful whites and blacks. The only problem I have with it is it is a little soft. Don't get me wrong tho, I think the shutter speed was just a little too slow (like one stop or two) The only place its a serious problem w/ me is the ball.

2nd post #1- great shot I really like this it a lot. I think if the shot had been taken a split second earlier and the guy on the right wasn't on in the frame it would have been a wonderful shot. so the ball would be more visible.

#2 all i have to say is a little tighter crop

#3 visually I'd say it is a little too busy and the two girls are sort of so tied up its hard to tell them apart.

I really enjoy these shots and you have incredibly good focus for some difficuly quick action shots and you're zoomed in pretty far. Great jobs and I can't wait to see more.

Thanks alot. I like it when people critique my photos. I assure you, i was at the absolute fastest shutter speed possible. But i was using a 300 f/5.6 so I was pretty limited. Of course we can't all afford a 300 f/2.8 now can we? I agree with your critiques with the exeption of the one on photo #3. What I like the most about that picture is how tied up the girls are in one another. I don't know, but my editor agreed with me and ghosted it to a full page behind the article.

I shot up 4 rolls of Fujifilm NPZ 800 at a basketball game and dance on friday night, i'll have those back from the developer on monday. I opted to use a 50/1.8 at the game and dance because I could get so close, and the 50/1.8 is one of my favorite lenses. I'll try and get those posted up ASAP.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back