First Post on the Dark Side

Wally

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Been so busy at work with Tax Season (here in the US anyway) I have not been on much, and I have not been out shooting much either, so I missed the introduction of this board.

So here are a few of my darker side images. Enjoy
94282027_710e221a2e_o.jpg

94282013_ec2c1d489c_o.jpg

And it couldn't be the darkside without a little from the Master of Macabre

94287938_b0b7e6f7dc.jpg

This is the grave of Edgar Allan Poe very near to where I grew up in Baltimore Maryland USA. When he died he was so poor that he did not have a head stone for a long time, then a literary society rasied a bunch of money to have a proper monument erected for him. It was delivered via train and was left sitting next to the tracks waiting for a wagon to come pick it up, when another train derailed and destroyed it.

A few years later they raised more money and built another monument in the front corner of the Church Yard so more people/tourists could see it. The supposedly dug up and moved his body along with those of his wife and mother inlaw, however nobody local really believes that, many people in the area who were around then claim that the ground was never disturbed and the bodies remained in place. Sometime later they erected this head stone to mark the spot.

wow, Wally...these are excellent man! you're definitely in the dark now ;)

that second is my fav...nice lighting :thumbup:

ooohhh, well done! Welcome to the Dark Side!

Excellent photos! #2 is my favorite as well - the spider webs add that extra something to the photo!

cool shots!
I'm personnally more into #1, but they're all awesome!

...damn, you got to see Poe's grave... lucky you! :D

Hey Wally...glad to see you in the dark side. I really dig the second shot. And Poes grave:thumbup:

Wally these are all fantastic, second one is awsome..... looking forward to more in this gallery from you, great work :thumbup:

Nice shots, and interesting story of Poe's headstone. Am personally most partial to #2, with the spider webs

I'm also diggin' the second shot ...

Poe ... that's awesome!

Welcome to the dark side!

Most reactions

Back