First post on this forum

Andyvy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

Since I'm looking for feedback (positive as well as negative) about my photo's, I signed up for this forum... I've seen some nice work over here, so I wondered what you think about mine.

4551661112_65d45e8343_z.jpg

4876962700_f3257fde72_b.jpg

4344911278_35473c0eb3_z.jpg

Hope you like it!

Sincerely,

Andyvy

#1 I like the dog... But I wish he/she were not centered in the frame...

#2 I really like this... I'd like to see more or the yellow rider in focus... It looks a bit soft to me...

#3 Nice composition... But I am not a fan of selective color.

Welcome! C&C per req:

1. A really nice image in which you've clearly nailed the focus, but as mentioned it's a little too centred. I think a position camera left would have been ideal, as that's the way his head is looking. As well, cleaning up some of the straw and the leash or whatever is in front would have really helped.

2. A good panning attempt, but not quite there. This is something that takes a lot of practice to get down pat. Try just standing on the side of the highway and shooting cars. Once you get the knack, it's easy.

3. A neat image, but I would prefer it all monochrom or maybe heavily desaturated. The selective colour doesn't do much for me in this image. Very good use of lines.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the comments!

I can see the comment about the first picture, using the 2/3th rule should be better here...

About the second image, I agree the panning was not really great, but I liked the fact the first one is out of focus and the second one is not...

#3 A pitty you don't like selective color ;-).

A pitty you don't like selective color ;-).

You'll find that selective colour is a hot topic... partly because it's been overdone. In this case the reason I think it doesn't work is because I don't see a reason for it. The train is part of the scene, and the platform is just as important, but processed this way, you're taking away from the importance of the platform.

1) Like it, perfect focus and as others mentioned might look better a little off centre.
2) Can't see the EXIF info but a higher shutter speed would have nailed it.
3) Can we see the original? I have a feeling I might like it better!

4344909522_c82091ef7b_z.jpg

This is the original...
I thought the train should be the main subject, so that's why I did selective color... I must say, it was one of my first experiments with that, probably that's why I like this picture in particular... Maybe just desaturating a bit would be about the same, but you would like it more?

tanks for the replies!

I think you meant well with the selective coloring as I don't find the platform interesting, I suggest though that you bring out the yellow of the train as well and not just the red, I have a feeling it would look better, I would try it out myself but then you have a not okay to edit on you.. :)

4344909522_c82091ef7b_z.jpg

This is the original...
I thought the train should be the main subject, so that's why I did selective color... I must say, it was one of my first experiments with that, probably that's why I like this picture in particular... Maybe just desaturating a bit would be about the same, but you would like it more?

tanks for the replies!

I must say I think as a whole, I prefer the original. Nice photo...

I agree with BUsRider, I prefer the original. Everything else everyone said is spot on so I wont reiterate. Looking forward to seeing more.

I prefer the first one. I think it could look nice centered because the dog is really beautiful enough to please the viewer, and by the way the leash works real well too. However I definitely don't like how the right ear ends exactly at the top border, to me that jumps off the page and gets a whole vertical thing going for me (just a few centimeters clearance would make a nice difference). A couple of those pieces of hay could also have been cleared up. And also the dog's left ear is quite visibly disheveled, but hey maybe that's just how dogs are I suppose (I'm a cat person).

Last edited:
#2 makes it look like the rider in front is hauling ass past the rider on the left. I like it.

#3 original looks great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back