First Post: Sea, Sand and Wooden Posts

Joop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are my first photos here.
I almost felt like a child again. Playing at the beach with sea water and sand. I hope you enjoy the photos.

I love number three. The fog in number 2 is great as well. I would love to see more of your work.

I just went to your website. Do you do much post processing on your images? If not how do you keep the foreground and background correctly exposed like you did in "A good harvest is my Pray"

D-50 said:
I just went to your website. Do you do much post processing on your images? If not how do you keep the foreground and background correctly exposed like you did in "A good harvest is my Pray"

Hi D-50,

Thanks for your comments. Sometimes I do post processing, sometimes I don't (well at least the most element things, I shoot in RAW so I have to post process :wink: ).

I have a bunch of Cokin filters to control the foreground and background contrast. Sometimes (in the case of the image you named) I blend multiple exposures together.

Hey Joop, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Three wonderful pics from your this years summer holidays in Wales?
Wonderful.
I like the long exposure shot of the water in 2, making the water look all foggy and soft. Or IS it fog? Anyhow, these are three very nice photos to show us as your first pics.

LaFoto said:
Hey Joop, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Three wonderful pics from your this years summer holidays in Wales?
Wonderful.
I like the long exposure shot of the water in 2, making the water look all foggy and soft. Or IS it fog? Anyhow, these are three very nice photos to show us as your first pics.

It's from this years summer holidays indeed. All three are taken with long exposures. I used a circular polarizer in combination with a ND 0.9 to extend the shutter speed by 5 stops.

number 3 is awesome! I wish I had more time now to go out and take a couple of water shots!

Wow! That's beautiful- All of them.

Most reactions

Back