First Post!

trentharris72

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have decided I needed another hobby, since apparently I don't have enough already and decided to venture into photography, something I can do when I am completely alone and not wanting to clean the house or horse stalls. I have a free Nikon D3000 on the way can't wait until I actually get that to start playing with. I have been reading a lot over the last two day's and have learned so much, never realized there was so much too it and feel if I went out today, my talent would have already improved just from what I've been reading and all the pictures I've looked at. Well here is my first attempt on past photo's I have taken on my iPhone 5, don't laugh too much! ;) Can't get the last one of a turkey small enough to post without ruining the whole picture!
$photo 1-1.jpg$photo 2-1.JPG

Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see what you post with the d3000.

Thanks, me too! Luckily, my mom had gotten it a while back and still doesn't know how to use it, so she switched to something else a long time ago and I asked her if I could have it and she said yes! Now it's just planning a trip back home to get it!

Welcome to the forum! I am not too much impressed by the photo of a cow hiding behind a tree, to be honest with you, but the B&W one definitely has potential. We have a potentially excellent story here to shoot when you get your camera. This is one case when a cowboy approach to photography can really work ;)l

Thank you for the input! The first one just kind of humored me, I could see where it doesn't really do much for an audience other than myself! I'm interested to see how many cowboy type photos I can actually make tell a story and have more of an audience for than just me. I feel as if I will have to venture into photographing other genres too, Not really sure what to go for yet though!

I'm interested to see how many cowboy type photos I can actually make tell a story and have more of an audience for than just me. I feel as if I will have to venture into photographing other genres too, Not really sure what to go for yet though!

I can not vouch for others, but to me, being not American, all this cowboy theme is photographically really interesting. These men in hats and scenes of them handling cattle - this is all probably your everyday life, dull and boring, but it is completely fresh images to me. You can and you will venture into other genres and it is great, but your greatest strength as a photographer at the moment is what you know best. So it all will depend on your skill. If you find great characters, show them in action, capture the very essence of their lives and make it dramatic and visually appealing - to me at least it will worth much much more than pointless horizons, meaningless aestetic experiments or yet another beautiful sunset.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back