First poster... c/c please

El2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to the forum, please be gently... lol I would appreciate some C/C's on focus and composition. I uploaded the pictures using photobucket and I am not sure if that makes any difference, because the color looks different from what I see on my screen - I'll try to upload on Flickr. The f-stop ranges from 3.5 - 5.6 on all the pictures.

#1 ISO 200, SS 1/200,

IMG_1147.jpg

#2 ISO 100, SS 1/500
IMG_1188.jpg

#3 ISO 125, SS 1/100
IMG_1242.jpg

- El2

Last edited:
The colors are really cool in #1. I think that in the time around dawn / dusk, the colors would pop even more, and you could be less afraid of getting the sky, which appears to be pretty bright in the upper right.

I also like to remember the rule of thirds on every picture. Seems to help me out. I like the pictures and the colors are nice.

...I would appreciate some C/C's on focus and composition...

Ok, since only focus and comp are what you are most interested in, I have just a little to comment on.

#1, 2 and 3
Composition seems ok. Focus is ok for most but I would add a touch of sharpening.

Maulrat - I thought I've sharpened the photo, is there such as thing as sharpening for web? I have Lightroom 2 and I have maximized the sharpening option on all the photo. Any advice? :biggrin:

I think you might be able to get a slightly better composition in #3 if you pulled back and looked over to the left more. At the moment, I find that my eye just gets led off the side of the photo instead of into it.

What camera and lens are you shooting with? Are you sharpening before or after resizing?

What camera and lens are you shooting with? Are you sharpening before or after resizing?

I am shooting with a Canon 40D and lens 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 lens. I shoot in JPEG + Raw. I used the Raw image and did my photo processing, including sharpening the image. Then I would export the photo out of Lightroom, I do not resize the photo at all and I will click on the Sharpen for screen box.

Do I need to resize when posting on the web? I usually resize on flickr or photobucket.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back