First PP C&C please

Kegger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been shooting for a while and soaking up knowledge on this forum. So I decided to put them together.
018copy.jpg

Other than composition, (I know, but it's a quick crop) and the burning over the left shoulder, how could I improve upon my technique. Still learning, and feel free to be brutal. I can be quite dumb sometimes. :lmao:

I can't offer too much help as I just stepped into photography, but....

did you soften up her face in pp? if so, perhaps her torso should have been effected as well.

Also, her shadow is very distracting.

I usually just use Photoshop to clone out blemishes, fix untrimmed eyebrows, maybe some light softening of the face.

On this one, the face looks a little too plasticky and void of shadows. A little too perfect, if you know what I mean.

If I had to guess, I'd say you used a blur on the face. I really try to stay away from doing that.

But uhh... yeah, she looks good but not that good, and when she has a perfect face like that then the torso looks natural looking it doesn't match.

Thanks for the input, I'll mess around with it some more and see what I can get.

018copy2.jpg

How's this one, still haven't figured out the shadow. Can someone give me some tips on shadow removal?

your edit is much better, not perfect, but much better. did you forget to clone out her bra strap.

speaking of cloning, that may be the only solution to her shadow.

really wish i could be more help than that

+1 the edit is much better. Just be carefull with things coming out from your subject head for example the lines of ceiling and the door frame in the background. I will suggest to move your subject with against a wall with one background. I am still learning about photography as well I bought a book called photoshop classroom in a book it is teaching me to learn about photoshop not sure how to remove the shadow but i am sure you could find planty of tutorials online regarding that subject. Good Luck and as my teacher says "KEEP Shooting"

Heya Kegger, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I moved your thread to the People Photography Gallery, since the galleries are our showcases for our members' photos, and the forums around them are Q&A-forums, ok?

The angle on this is awful. Why do people keep using this angle? Really this would give a double chin to <insert anorexic model name here>. Also the on camera flash isnt flattering. Also the walls and closet dont really do anything for this photo

I know the angle sucks. It's a crop from a candid. But I never use the onboard flash. It's an SB-600 bounced off the wall behind me.

Yeah, hehe, the angle and depth you chose makes her look gigantic. ;)

C&C? Well if this is your first it's pretty good! I'm seeing brush-marks on her face still tho. I liked the skin-tones in your 1st image much better. It's just that they didn't match the skin below the chin to the bottom of the frame like bahandi was saying.

Candids still need to be good. And bouncing behind you is nearly the same as an on camera flash

If you're looking for advice on how to make her skin look smoother, keep in mind you may get many different opinions, all of which are good. Some people like a natural look, others want it to be super smooth at the cost of being "plastic-looking," and some are in-between.

I know this isn't really criticism, but I just wanted you to keep that in mind. When I first started posting here, I thought there was really one way to make skin look smooth, and that was it, and I wanted to make sure you didn't think the same thing. You can still hone your techniques on skin (there's more than one way to Photoshop a cat), but I don't think there's one right way to do it. Just experiment and see what you like best!

For the record, I liked your original edit. Although I admit I'm hypo-critical, I didn't mind it any, or find it OVERLY fake-looking (somewhat, but that's okay).

There are all kinds of guidelines for posing and shooting models but the most basic is to shoot at eye level and avoid the unflattering fat face look.

skieur

hehe, i have a dirty mind... a candid from that angle, bra strap... what's going on???

Most reactions

Back