First proper photo

TomThumb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bought myself a digital camera yesterday, have been playing about with it since then and this is the first decent photo I've taken. But then, I have no idea if it is actually decent at all...

Be as harsh as you wish, I'm here to learn :)

l_145796d8084bf728de6a7e89640afd8c.jpg
http://a133.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/14/l_145796d8084bf728de6a7e89640afd8c.jpg

I like this shot

But one thing bugs me immediately...the perspective.
I think you need to get the angles a bit straighter here. The verticals tilt to the left, and the floor line is on an angle. Such a shot in the quiet style you are dealing with here usually benefits from such lines being placed in a manner to not distract the viewer. The viewer should not be able to notice such things. BTW: Straight shots are not necessarily boring either...they can be very effective!

If you are deliberately aiming for a "wilder" look, then you need to get much more "angle" into the image.

Here´s a quick correction...hope you don´t mind.
1.2° rotation to the right, and corrected barrel distortion...
TomThumb_guitar_ps_hf.jpg

What's the wire thing?

That'd be a harmonica brace.

Cheers for the help, deanimator :mrgreen:

Great Shot!
Would like to see a straight on shot of just the guitar, chair hat deal....maybe an overhead shot of it?

I think the harmonica stand or whatever is distracting. I think if people have to wonder what it is it doesnt help the image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back