First Real Attempt At Portraits and Posing

I have not read the comments thus far, so sorry if I repeat something that has already been said.

I think you did a GREAT job for this being your first real attempt! Obviously, you have a good grasp on how to use your camera.

In the first shot, maybe just have her turn her nose slightly more toward the light. Not into a complete profile, you still want to be able to see all of her facial features, but a slight shift would be flattering. Overall, though, this is a nice shot. Good job.

The second shot is a tad underexposed. I'm not quite feeling your version of processing --too saturated. I'd go for B&W on this one.

Hope that helps. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

I actually like that black and white. Looks a lot better.

I'm actually taking Damien Symond's classes. So I AM learning the basics of editing in Photoshop. Like I said, newbie. Learning both my camera and techniques and editing all at the same time. Gets overwhelming at times. But Rome wasn't built in a day.

Going to open that photo and tackle it again.

And I just don't like that photo. Haha, editing photos I don't like it just tedious.

I'm with you Mrs.hankIII I've yet to start on my brother yet. Nearly got him this morning but like you not sure what part of the learning curve I should be working on next.

I just try to tackle them all at once like Super Woman, then get stressed out, freak out, and throw things.

It works.

Kind of.

Luckily I satisfied the "I'm a newbie and don't know my butt from my elbow, but I need fancy equipment NOW!" phase by buying my new Canon 85mm f/1.8. Now I'm just at the point where I know my camera settings, I'm getting a really good feel for how everything works together, BUT I have not a clue on how to interact and pose people.

And the editing? Yes, it's a work in progress and I have a feeling that will be something that even 5 years from now I'll still be learning. For real, I just learned today how to remove chromatic aberrations in Adobe Camera Raw. Probably should have learned that earlier? But it is what it is!

Most reactions

Back