First "real" shoot! Senior pictures!

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We went downtown to take these...I found a lot of neat places that I would love to go back to. :)

This was my first real photoshoot that I am actually kinda proud of. Please C&C your hearts out!! I need to know what I can do to do better next time!

PS...sorry about the watermarks...I know everyone hate them but I saved them like that and uploaded them before I thought it through. Hopefully they aren't too horrible!

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4841.jpg

IMG_4901-2.jpg

IMG_4894.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4956-2.jpg

IMG_4946.jpg

Wow, I love them! Especially that last one.

Id do some editing on her face (acne and such). That way when she looks back on these she wont rememebr that aspect. Ya know?

Like them also, but like Jaime said they could use some work to clean up her face, it would really make her happy and would improve these shots.

Yeah, I do need to do some touching up on her face. I dont know how to do a whole lot, though, other then just spots/blemishes.

Yeah, I do need to do some touching up on her face. I dont know how to do a whole lot, though, other then just spots/blemishes.

I think that just some spot retouching will be fine. The skin problem stands out a lot in some shots, and doesn't at all in others. I love the colors that you got in some of those shots! The background is excellent! #3 is my favorite, along with #2.

One thing to watch is the upper arms. We tend to squish them against our bodies when posing, and that can make even the skinniest girls look like they have arm flab! Just another one of those billion things we all have to look out for (I should know better, and even I do it when I'm being photographed! Ughhhh!!)

I agree with what's already been said! Great series of photos!! You really captured the feel of what Seniors want!

I think that just some spot retouching will be fine. The skin problem stands out a lot in some shots, and doesn't at all in others. I love the colors that you got in some of those shots! The background is excellent! #3 is my favorite, along with #2.

One thing to watch is the upper arms. We tend to squish them against our bodies when posing, and that can make even the skinniest girls look like they have arm flab! Just another one of those billion things we all have to look out for (I should know better, and even I do it when I'm being photographed! Ughhhh!!)

thank you for the tip!!! I will remember that next time!

ok i'll be the first with a complaint actually nitpicks......and they are small ones. pic #1 i feel could have used some fill flash opposite of the existing light source and her eyes look a bit dead. not that big of a deal tho. #7 the whites seem a little blown out......could just be me viewing them on a laptop.

now for the good stuff :)

#10 is now one of my fav photos on here. i like everything you have done with it. very creative thinking :thumbup:

the rest of the photos look very good.

job well done :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hey SArah, Great work!! Like others said, improve her skin before you show them to her, its what stands out right away.. and you don't want it to of course. Try this:

New layer:
drop down menu : overlay
check the box that says cover 50% gray.

Work within that layer with a 10-20ish opacity, adjusting as you need to, with the paintbrush tool. And just paint on her face. (with either white or spot check a point on her face for a light pinkish) This is the easiest and effective way at removing/smoothing blemishes. gReat job!

Most reactions

Back