First real Stock attempt - Xbox 360 Controller

theRossatron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
controller.jpg

I am quite keen to get into stock photography to perhaps fund my hobbie. Here's my first go at something "stocky".

My studio was my bedroom light and 4 bits of A4 paper (letter paper to you USonians :) )

I auto-leved it in photoshop, adjusted the contrast slightly and despeckled to try and free it of some noise.

My question is do you think this its good enough for stock? is it too noisy? Any advice on what I should have done differently.

I've submitted it to fotolia so I'll see what they say. They rejected my last photos but there were old ones i'd take on my compact so wasn't expecting them to take em!

Cheers in advance :)

It's nice, but for a stock photo I'd increase the DOF slightly.
What is Fotolia by the way? Do they buy stock photos?

They sell them on your behalf in a kind of credit system

http://www.fotolia.co.uk

I just noticed that change in colour! oops! Didn't show up on my crap laptop monitor - result of bad photoshopping. :S

thanks for the pointers I'll reshoot it with a better depth of field. I've ordered a light tent so might wait until it arrives and get some daylight lamps to improve the lighting.

do they look at your pictures before they post them... I think that they might reject it if they screen them because of the fact that this a reconizable Microsoft item... I have seen plan blocks rejected because of the fact that they are made a certain company http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=41560&page=1... Just something to think about

If you shoot on white it must be superwhite or you get that color shift. Increase your depth of field and check your lighting. Make the product interesting.

Thanks for the comments guys I'll reshoot it when I get some decent lights and my light tent! :)

They do screen them. The reason I chose the depth of field was to get the "360 button" out of focus as that was the only Logo in view. There are other pictures of controllers featuring the Square, Cross, Triangle, circle buttons of PS2 Controllers which I know is a trademark of Sony. I'll reshoot it with a larger one and perhaps clone out the logo on the 360 button.

Here's one without the dodgy colour mess up.

controller-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back