First "real" wedding (Portra Love)

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well here are a few shots from my first "real" wedding - Had shot two others but they were just small registry office jobs (nothing entirely exciting).. so this is my first venue wedding. Very small place mind you, small wedding, too. Very low ceilings, one wet day in between three weeks of glorious sunshine! I'll admit I struggled a bit.

I've left the formal shots out at the moment, still working on them, left them to last!

Shot on Portra 160NC & 400NC, 2x Nikon F80's, SB-50DX flash, Nikon 28mm F2.8, Sigma 70-210mm F2.8.

Critique always welcome. Not quite was I was hoping for on some shots, I played it a bit too safe (partly due to using film). Lots to learn and need to pick up a camera more often :lol:

cpw_p1.jpg

cpw_p3.jpg

cpw_p2.jpg

cpw_d1.jpg

cpw_d3.jpg

cpw_p4.jpg

cpw_c1.jpg

cpw_c2.jpg

Next one will definitely be digital, as much as I love film the convenience of digital would make life so much easier and allow me to be more creative.

Almost all of them are soft and/or grainy and the white balance changes picture to picture, but you did really well capturing genuine emotion.

You are brave to use film, I would be absolutely terrified! I am still a nervous mess even with the ability to change my settings on the fly with digital!

They look good to me.

Don't be scared of film...

Also, it's the light that's changing, not the WB... And even then - they all still look good.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

The WB can't change as such, there may be a small difference between 160NC & 400NC? I did add a little saturation using curves in lab colour but they were pulled over equal amounts.

I've got a lot to learn on the wedding side of things and it would be best to use digital! keeps you from worrying days afterwards whether you got the shots or not - Usually I like the anticipation but not for someones wedding. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back