First round of shots with my camera

MyHobby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was scared to use my camera without anybody being there to atleast guide me but I said heck with it.

Nothing fancy or spectacular but I thought I share my best couple of shots. CC is welcome since that's the only way I will learn :mrgreen:

I do see unwanted shadows on the back so if anyone had tips on how to get a better background that will be great.

Attachments

• $DSC_0039 - Copy.JPG
    $DSC_0039 - Copy.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 133
  • $DSC_0035 - Copy.JPG
    $DSC_0035 - Copy.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 120
Don't be afraid to use the camera -- with or without anyone with you. It's not fragile (it's not like you're planning to bash it against a rock are you?) No amount of button pushing is going to break it. The worst thing that can happen is the batteries die or the memory card fills up before you're done having fun.

When asking for C&C, post info about how you took the shot, the settings, etc. (this is captured by your camera and digitally embedded as "EXIF" data (not visible in the photo but we can use software or browser plug-ins to see it.) These photos have the EXIF data stripped (some photo editors do that.)

If you have an external flash, you can eliminate those shadows in the background by "bouncing" the flash off the white ceiling. This creates a shower of light from above rather than a pin-point source of light from the front (which leaves shadows in the background.)

BTW, when asking for image C&C the mods will ask you to post this in the appropriate image forum rather than in the beginner forum (if you read the description of this forum mentions this.) They may move your post to the correct forum.

See what I mean? That didn't take long. :)

Like TCampbell said. Don't be afraid of anything on that camera. Do some serious research on Exposure. The more you know about exposure and how your camera settings effect it, the more you'll understand photography. Welcome to club and have fun.

OOps, I need to learn to navigate this forum too. I was playing with the camera so I don't even remember the setting. I will also need to learn to find the EXIF, thanks. I still have alot of equipment to buy but saving to buy quality stuff. It was just me and the camera with this. I did push all the buttons to see what they did and I have been reading so hopefully I'll have better stuff next time.

I will be prepare next time I ask for cc :oops:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back