First self portrait with 50mm...

Actually it is correct. The bigger the number, the bigger the aperture. the f number is a denominator. f/1.4 IS larger than f/8.

I knew that, I posted above that I found out some news while replying and had a moment of aperture dyslexia as well as handing my son the conditioner instead of the shampoo! So, don't want anyone to think I don't know. Here was my reply to Derryl above after I shot at f/5.6: "I tried f/4....not enough, tried f/2.8....not enough....had shutter speed at 125, due to moving around. Ok, a reshoot :)" So, I do understand that the smaller the number, the more light it lets in, like the pupil in your eye. It gets smaller when you are looking at a bright light or the sun....bigger in darkness. I just want to stress this, because you are the second person to say this. Read above;) At f/8, the shadow would have increased on my face. One of those tricky lighting situations where I was part in the shade, part in the sun, but have already gotten advice on how to correct that. I was wobbling on that rock, which is why i had the shutter speed at 1/125. Movement..

How would f8 increase the shadow on your face?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back